CraKteR

Internet slang

10 posts in this topic

I try not to use internet slang so much on forums as they are a place for discussion. In IM and chat etc I do use it though.

IIRC, I never use internet slang. =P

Well, if you don't use internet slang ALL the time it's okey. but, there are limits ofcourse.

Like "r u k?" then I would think "what the **** does that mean? typo?".

But I don't bash people for using it, well, sometimes I do when they bash on my english. stupid c****. :P

internet slang?

dont use it a lot ATM and if i do i will stop it ASAP

lmao :P

FTW: for the win (used to express enthusaism or approval) (Less commonly known as "**** the world")

WoW, I've always thought that was "**** the what?". oh well.

That too, when people actually type "r u k" etc all the time and nevere type properly I just give up on them. When IMing I do it myself if I'm typing with one hand or whatever, but I don't make a habit of it. With internet slang, well acronyms anyway, I think they're fine.

I avoid using it in general, on occasions it is easier to use and I only ever use the very common ones like lol, atm, afk and one or two others. I just feel you are being lazy not typing in proper English and making it easy for the other user(s) to understand what you are saying, but then again I am anal regarding punctuation and grammar.

I also try to avoid internet slang as much as possible.

This might amuse you.

Ye know like, some hubs have quizzes going.

Anyway in one of these hubs, after somebody got an answer right, someone else might say "go"

So i was wondering "Gawd, it's a bot. telling it to go isn't going to make it go any faster.

It was only later that I discovered "go" meant good one.

Hey I'm Irish, therefore I'm thick.

Gotta keep those cliches goin :P

M

frequently with as many things as I do. I use much of the internet slang.. but I try not to in main chat cause it looks bad to new users. MOST have no clue what NOOB means lol.. or as was stated PEBKAC errors. which is BY FAR my favorite.. been using it for years.. and actually it builds conversations some times.. especially in dead chats.. and people get a kick out of what it meant.. but as a whole I try to keep most of them off Forums and such.. But Yes ATM I am Guilty As charged .. so I C It this way. sometimes it makes your life easier.. especially when dealing with people who are slow or impatient.