Olorin

Chat supress switch at favhub properties

11 members have voted

1. 1. Does the chat supress switch usefull at favorite hubs tab?

• Yes
    • No
    • Abstained

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

It can be usefull if I could supress the main chat for only one hub. Using the favorite hubs tab.

For example a great shared hub with chat, destroyed by punky men. Such chats are sickening.

I can make the settings folder read only with user access rules to prevent my children from such resourses.

the same idea passed through my empty head :) that way you can also save some kbs/mbs of ram (theoretically) (many unwatched hubs * big mc buffer size = wasted resources)

Yes, but without parent control. If I am in a hub, I expect to be accepted as "share and words". If there is a bunch of bad people >> hub is bad >> not a place for a child. So avoid it at all. As each rose has its thorns, but they come in a "set". If chat is cut, the soul of DC will be gone.

Another general advice I like to give in such cases is to close your child in a padded cell, or at least cut off the electricity in the house :) , but unfortunately things in DC (and not only) are becoming so severe that there is some point in a REASONABLE care.

Yes, but without parent control.

hey, I don't want any parent control. I have no any ideas about this. But what about case if _I_ don't want to read this chat. If I got different confeccion? For example.

lang=ru:

Ни фига подобного. Я не просил ничего подобного. Дух dc не в чате, а в п2п. И хотелось бы упомянуть, что я просил заглушку чата, а не пароль на настройки.

Why not putting a checkbox under the mainchat itself? Like it is made for the userlist.

im in many hubs. why? some ppl there have great shares - files i cant find anywhere else. part of these hubs are not eng/bg-an so i cant even read the mc. and i dont care - i download/upload. and i still have over 2 TBs upload so the last thing i do is leeching :)

/me vote no, coz me don't want situationes when useres are able to suppress chats and block all pms (next step) and becoming like unresponsive blockheads just taking space on userlist. :)

Not that I don't see the point in You're arguments... but DC is like P2P & irc-like network in 1. It wouldn't be half as popular if it would be just one of those. So dooon't change it!

/me vote no, coz me don't want situationes when useres are able to suppress chats and block all pms (next step) and becoming like unresponsive blockheads just taking space on userlist. :)

Not that I don't see the point in You're arguments... but DC is like P2P & irc-like network in 1. It wouldn't be half as popular if it would be just one of those. So dooon't change it!

i know what you're talking about, but ... main chat supress can actually be enabled in some (or way more :stuart: ) clients .... the point in this idea i guess is that there should be an option to set if i set for example supress to be enabled for all hubs, but can give an exception for some, like the ones i always wanna see, reed, reply ... so this would be a useful function :)

Also we can think about language diffeneces. If the hub was chineese, I have not had any ability to talk... mmm... oh, type.

Don't you think?

Also such thing as trafffic is important. A need a chat supression if it can help to save the traffic.