irish

What happens when you emulate DC++

9 posts in this topic

Hi, if i emulate Dc++ in a hub, what exactly happens. Are some of the features in apexdc disabled. If so, which ones?

M

Hi, if i emulate Dc++ in a hub, what exactly happens. Are some of the features in apexdc disabled. If so, which ones?

M

When you emulate Apex or whatever client you are running with the emulating feature appears to the hub as running strictly DC++ it changes the look of your tag and the myinfo sent to the hub and users.

And as far as I know, the multi-source feature doesn't work as good as it does when you don't emulate, so avoid it where possible.

Then emulating, requesting some file can't be done by chunks, but whole file must be requested. It means, that if a chunk is finished, the connection must be completely disconnected and reconnected, so you can lose your slot.

Then emulating, requesting some file can't be done by chunks, but whole file must be requested. It means, that if a chunk is finished, the connection must be completely disconnected and reconnected, so you can lose your slot.

The limitations of DC++. :unsure:

I didnt know any of that why didnt someone tell me this b4 :thumbsup:

I didnt know any of that why didnt someone tell me this b4 :thumbsup:

Well, I can't think of anywhere were it's documented other than on these forums, so it's understandable you didn't know. Guess you'll just have to read the forums a lot. :D

It's documented on the StrongDC++ forums too.