Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theredbeam

Error Message "Error saving hash data: Access denied"

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I keep on having this problem with Apex DC ++ where when I start a download it becomes very unstable and read this error message at the bottom, "Error saving hash data: Access denied". It does not crash though.

It may have something to do with the fact that the drive I run Apex DC off has become 'read only'. This is something I have no choice about as I access a University DC network as a computer lab assistant and can't run DC off the C drive (it rebuilds off an image after each reset).

Any advice? Anyone seen this error?

Thanks

As you wrote, you don't have write-access to folder with data files. The only solution is to move Apex to different folder/drive where you have write-access.

Run it off an USB drive, if its big enough all should work fine.

well, it's usual error, when you have non existing downloads folder (on removed storage or something). i have the same error now on remote pc, user has all rights, gonna try to solve it tomorrow..

Edit:

done! there was f**kin norton internet security 2009 with ended trial period aggressively blocking access to some folders without no questions.

Hello,

I keep on having this problem with Apex DC ++ where when I start a download it becomes very unstable and read this error message at the bottom, "Error saving hash data: Access denied". It does not crash though.

It may have something to do with the fact that the drive I run Apex DC off has become 'read only'. This is something I have no choice about as I access a University DC network as a computer lab assistant and can't run DC off the C drive (it rebuilds off an image after each reset).

Any advice? Anyone seen this error?

Thanks

Try this > right click on the icon on your desktop for Apex > run as administrator. this sould let everything work fine.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0