bïöµï¢

Serbian Forum

7 posts in this topic

The (pinned) topic: Podrška za ApexDC++ na srpskom jeziku in the Serbian forum has a lot of typing errors, as does the rest of the texts and more importantly the instructions link in the topic is in regards to a specific hub only (kind of like bad advertizing, with the spelling and all :() - it could confuse and possibly misinform someone viewing DC++ for the first time.

The (pinned) topic: Podrška za ApexDC++ na srpskom jeziku in the Serbian forum has a lot of typing errors, as does the rest of the texts and more importantly the instructions link in the topic is in regards to a specific hub only (kind of like bad advertizing, with the spelling and all :( ) - it could confuse and possibly misinform someone viewing DC++ for the first time.

Thanks for the note, do you have some time to correct it and provide more addresses? You see, it is maintained by volunteers, so any help is welcome. :)

The spelling is bad, but the external link is very well made, allot of explanation, yes it is to a specific hub, it would probably be more convinient if it was PeerWeb Open Hub, or TGO, but then again serbian users are likely to get more newbie answers on that specific serbian hub then on either TGO or PeerWeb.

Why should decantralization be a bad thing. More advertising toward the end product (client) rather then to our hubs.

I will check and correct errors.

About advertising. Said in that manner it realy sounds bad.

I posted link to ready made instructions how to set hub, with specific hub in target, so one who setts thigs up, will gradualy follow instructions and get the same thing hapen as presented in manual. Afer he successfuly connects up and if neccessary he will get online help form users on that hub, in serbian language, because all hub members speak serbian.

That hub is not targeted to worild use, but very small community, so people who set up their DC, mostly say thanks and then go to other DC hubs that are more interesting for them.

Of course, if you have time and will, feel free to post other tutorial, which you think is better and more suitable. Forum is open to contributions.

All typo errors I found, are fixed.

Thanks.

Ok yeah, bad joke about advertizing..:) I suppose it was put that way because @ our hub many (out of ~2000 active users) don't know for example, what "icon" means :S So hub-specific means to them: they'll be there like forever xD You know it's like linking to micro$oft's active pages f.a.q. when asking about server-side scripting.

Edited by bïöµï¢