Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lee

Development, program versions

16 posts in this topic

Development page

Tired of visiting the front page and seeing the same news? Well now you can follow development closely by visiting the newly created dev page. There you can see tasks currently on the todo list for different versions of the client from 1.0 betas to future versions. There's a new experimental build available for testers/donators to test. All tasks displayed on this page are being considered and have a high chance of making it into ApexDC++. If the feature you've requested hasn't appeared, it may do in coming weeks once development progresses.

Linux users beware

Now to announce something larger. We're hoping to offer three versions of ApexDC++ (this is not finalised) - regular, op and linux versions. The regular version is for regular DC users who are not operators of hubs. The OP version will include features such as hide share, etc, that non-OPs do not have the privileges to use. Finally, the linux dc++ version will (hopefully) include all the features available in the regular version. We're hoping to have more stability than Linux DC++ currently does - more on this later! :D In the meantime, you can visit our discussion topic for suggesting some already stable and decent OP clients. :)

Graphics

We've promised concepts of how ApexDC++ will look including it's toolbar and splash screen, but unfortunately our graphics creators haven't got enough time. Please use the links to keep track of thier progress. If you want to contribute to ApexDC++, you may check out our currently unassigned tasks. :)

Very nice, hopefully it'll get used. :D

Hopefully it'll also enable users to contribute easily too, code wise, due to the unassigned tasks bit.

Tired of visiting the front page and seeing the same news? Well now you can follow development closely by visiting the newly created dev page.

this is a really nice addition to a site/project which already gives us a lot thanks :D

the linux version will (hopefully) include all the features available in the regular version - more on this later! :)

do mine ears decive me, could it be true, finally a decent dc client for linux. Thank you ALL i will happily be the tester for that :)

Sweet!! now we can see if they are actually on the ball or not lol j/k guys.. glad to see this.. it shows that we are getting ready for the release and that things are ramping up!! sweet..

Awesome! Great to see the progress on the development of the clients!

If a Linux client becomes availble and I can use DOpus with WINE I will be able to switch.

I forgot to mention. Thanks to CraKteR for showing me this software..

Finally, the linux version will (hopefully) include all the features available in the regular version - more on this later! :P

Great to see this being at least planned! Linux currently has really really bad support for Direct Connect, not even having a stable DC++ port. If this gets pulled off I bet that 100% of the linux users that use DC will switch to ApexDC++ (they are probably running PWDC++ with wine anyway :) )

A Linux version would be awesome. The OP version would also be good.

*cough* Linux OP version *cough*

lol

Did I hear someone say Linux version ? That would be so nice .I was thinking of porting StrongDC to Linux myself but I don't have that much programming on Linux and C++ programming experience yet . I do know some C++ though and I'm going to learn some QT/KDE programming .

I think the big problem with Linux is the GUI . I think KDE/QT should be used as that works on anything including OS X and Windows .

Anway glad to hear there's a Linux version planed and I hope I can help .

By the way is there a thread for the Linux version ? I think there should be one ...

By the way is there a thread for the Linux version ? I think there should be one ...

A topic for what? All requests can go in the feature request forum, we're hoping to keep the regular and linux versions similar of features.

OK then who can I talk to about the Linux version development ? I'd like to help if I can . Any idea on what the GUI will be in ? QT , GTK+ ?

Anyway having a Linux verison of a very good DC client is what Linux really needs .

OK then who can I talk to about the Linux version development ? I'd like to help if I can . Any idea on what the GUI will be in ? QT , GTK+ ?

Anyway having a Linux verison of a very good DC client is what Linux really needs .

http://dev.apexdc.net/task/12 :D

Mattdev121 is the man you're looking for. :D

I think this link may be usefull to anyone intrested in a linux segmented downloading implmentation of dc++ engine

sorry posted this in the wrong place. this topic seems more appropriate

Edited by balder

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0