Lee

36 posts in this topic

It's coming soon.

A month after our biggest release to date, we've been able to collect enough feedback to improve the stability of the program alongside adding a few handy features before we release our next public beta. Our most problematic crashes have been fixed and we're giving our testers and subscribers time to bug test the latest builds before we release.

While we've been preparing for the arrival of Beta 3, we have been working on a world languages section for our non-English speaking userbase. There's a few moderators watching over discussions and helping users, but we would appreciate other people helping out our users too. So go check it out now and tell your friends.

Finally, Seeker has been designing a new theme (for the forums) the past couple of months and it is now ready for you lot to use it. We have pushed it out by default, so switch back if you prefer the old style. You can discuss the new theme here.

Edited by Greg

LOVE the forum looks :)

hope the client does what the forum does (look vise)

where to get the new design?

ahh ok, design of the forum ...

... I've been thinking of the toolbar in Beta 3, so don't mind :)

Edited by Lizard

Most Beatiful this Skin... :)

For Italian Support there isn't problem...i would release the italian pack after the release candidate...

You guys did it...it is perfect, i realy like it. It is simple but PROFESIONAL, the best combination

nice look guys.looks great.thanks

Like the diagonal lines on the background etc., as well as the little icons by things such as the Calender link. Good job, Seeker. :)

Good news, atleast they sounds good. =)

I like new design, and I like how you guys keep everything clean. Keep it on.

So. let's see what this beta is all about right? (sorry i haven't been around it's been a very busy past few weeks for me)

I would really appreciated if i could have the latest beta version of apex as the one i have right now crashes every time after 2-3 seconds when i run it . so i cant use it

Please help???

I would really appreciated if i could have the latest beta version of apex as the one i have right now crashes every time after 2-3 seconds when i run it . so i cant use it

Please help???

Stay out the queue and ptokax hubs, or go back to 0.4.0 for now.

Btw just to clear something up with the ptokax community - the beta's have nothing to do with buggy ptokax code, it's our client itself. Some of you guys didn't seem to realise that.

Stay out the queue and ptokax hubs, or go back to 0.4.0 for now.

Btw just to clear something up with the ptokax community - the beta's have nothing to do with buggy ptokax code, it's our client itself. Some of you guys didn't seem to realise that.

Hmph? Betas are "our client" too, what do you mean? And if you mean that it is Ptokax bug, why it is ok with 0.4.0? And how a bug in any hub can crash any client at all? Sorry if I am bs-ing here, but for me there is lots of wires and stuff between both at least.

@Staff - Pls split and move to Support?

Thank you for your support, i really appreciate it.

The skin was actually made few months ago, we staff (dare i call myself that) have been using it for a while now. Anyway, as im very busy i havent really had the time to de-bug it properly, so if you notice any bugs, anything inconspicuous and also IE, Opera, Gecko differences, feel free to post it here. Ill eventually fix it.

Hmph? Betas are "our client" too, what do you mean? And if you mean that it is Ptokax bug, why it is ok with 0.4.0? And how a bug in any hub can crash any client at all? Sorry if I am bs-ing here, but for me there is lots of wires and stuff between both at least.

@Staff - Pls split and move to Support?

The bug is with ApexDC++ 1.0.0 Beta 1 and 2 (fixed in Beta 3) that causes ptokax and ApexDC++ itself to crash when connecting.

Thank you for your support, i really appreciate it.

The skin was actually made few months ago, we staff (dare i call myself that) have been using it for a while now. Anyway, as im very busy i havent really had the time to de-bug it properly, so if you notice any bugs, anything inconspicuous and also IE, Opera, Gecko differences, feel free to post it here. Ill eventually fix it.

I'd suggest PM'ing Seeker directly so he can deal with it quickly.

Hopefully this downtime won't have affected the progress of Beta 3 much/at all.

Hopefully this downtime won't have affected the progress of Beta 3 much/at all.

I hope for the same, glad to see you all again. :)

It's coming soon.

A month after our biggest release to date, we've been able to collect enough feedback to improve the stability of the program alongside adding a few handy features before we release our next public beta. Our most problematic crashes have been fixed and we're giving our testers and subscribers time to bug test the latest builds before we release.

While we've been preparing for the arrival of Beta 3, we have been working on a world languages section for our non-English speaking userbase. There's a few moderators watching over discussions and helping users, but we would appreciate other people helping out our users too. So go check it out now and tell your friends.

Finally, Seeker has been designing a new theme (for the forums) the past couple of months and it is now ready for you lot to use it. We have pushed it out by default, so switch back if you prefer the old style. You can discuss the new theme here.

and ... as we are one month later is it stable eneuf for the bigger public ???

about those world languages ... would that not work like finding out the weel again into each language ... or are those mods translate mayor problems and fixes for it so that the whole group of users can read about it???

A_Alias

and ... as we are one month later is it stable eneuf for the bigger public ???

about those world languages ... would that not work like finding out the weel again into each language ... or are those mods translate mayor problems and fixes for it so that the whole group of users can read about it???

A_Alias

World languages are done to help non-english users communicate with ApexDC++ devs (give feature requests and report bugs). As for the help it's nothing bad to answer some questions. but translating all the tutorials are beyond my power and free time ;) I admire those who want to do it.

As for me... it's not that bad. I have large in-depth Polish guide to DC++ (incomplete currently). I hope I will revive the project and publish it with all the ApexDC++ addition info someday (late autumn probably).

Its being worked on. We are testing a few builds now and working bugs out. I am sure the developers are doing there best and we hope to show you a public beta soon.

Edited by Motorhead

It would be nice to still have the tray icon showing, even when not

minimizing for the visual notification of new private messages.....;)

untitled9kq1.th.png

sorz wrong place to post this :/

Edited by bïöµï¢