cobra98

Downloads Resuming

11 posts in this topic

Hi

I started yesterday some downloads, today i rebootet my pc and just started ApexDC++,

all users are showed offline ...

Do I have to reconnect to the correct server again to resume?

How do I know which server it has been?

Can I force resume somehow?

Hi,

If you have not typed "/fav" in main chat of the connected hubs, now the best thing you can do is search for the files on public hubs, see http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=68 for some good ones. Hope that files weren't too rare.

If you have done "/fav" before, just go to Favorite Hubs (yellow star icon or Ctrl+F) and check the box before the hub(s) name(s).

Either the first or the second method, then go to Download Queue (Ctrl+D) and with right-click on each file choose "Search for alternates".

See also the screen shot for the queue Settings I use. To open Settings, go to File>>Settings.

post-65-1178657100_thumb.png

Yes, hubs are already favorites ...

but do i have to connect to the hub first, where the users have been?

I have 10 to choose from favorites ;-)

Thanks for settings ...

there is no gatuntee that you will find the same user. but the best place to try is the same hub you where in before. i dont have a copy of apex to hand but i belive that if you go to the download que it will tell you the last hub that a user was seen in. if not you will have to connect to all fav hubs nd see if you can download the file again. once the file starts ddownloading you will be able to see what hub they are in. however if it is a common file i would recommend trying the search for alternates option.

Yes you must connect to the hub(s) where you were previously downloading from in order to resume your downloads. If you forgot to add a hub to your favorites, it should still be in your "Recent Hubs" list/window.

Hmm, do i also to check "search for alternates" so it starts to download again?

How often do i have to do that?

Everytime it says user offline?

Isn't there an automatic mode like Emule/Sharezaa/Azureus?

How often do i have to do that?

Everytime it says user offline?

Isn't there an automatic mode like Emule/Sharezaa/Azureus?

ApexDC++ will automatically search for sources periodically, manually telling it to do so will just ensure it does that file before the rest. When you connect to any hub, if a user you previously downloaded from in online it will automatically attempt to download it, unless you remove a source.

Will it search from the original offline user or search for alternates?

Which time is set for search? Period. = how much time?

Will it search from the original offline user or search for alternates?

Which time is set for search? Period. = how much time?

When connecting to a hub it will automatically attempt to the users you previously downloaded the file from. If you specifically search for alternatives for a specific file, it will do so. ApexDC++ also goes through your download queue searching for alternatives automatically. I assume it does it every X seconds that the user sets as the minimum search interval. Hubs do not allow users to made searches in quick succession as it uses resources and bandwidth, so an amount of time in between searches is needed. I believe the default is around 30 seconds, if you don't specifically search for anything then I believe Apex just searches for files in your download queue. I hope that is a detailed enough explanation?

also check the priorities of the files in the queue .... one time i found that even if there are available sources with open slots, download doesn't start, because the file's priority is set to lowest ... that could be another cause, as i guess ppl never check it, because "last time i ran dc the file was coming down, the prio has been set" :unsure: