Mikey

Favorites Manually

13 posts in this topic

I thought of a good feature for us hub owners. I would like to be able to add favorite users manually. Reason being is Apex has a feature to show joins and parts of favorite users. If I was able to manually add favorite users I could add the pingers in my favorites and be able to see when they by themselves enter and when the last time they were seen. I think others would like this idea to. Please give feedback from DEV team and other forum users I wanna hear your opinion to. Thanks!

Just tell me where do I get a CID of an offline user first, and then we can think about this :)

Maybe we could get some pingers' CID and provide them as favorite user in the client by default (seen this in zK++).

noctis zK++ is 0.401 based so it doesn't care about CID's at all...

So it's just recognises the pingers by their nick? It'd be good if they could be merged into the favorite users by default somehow. And the 0.7 Beta is based on ApexDC++ :) (there's CID in it anyways)

Edited by Noctis

Hum, so what's in this beta then?

If based on our Beta, BUGS! :)

/Off Sorry Crise, couldn't stand it... Hope we have better release soon. :) /Off

i'm making personalized mod of apexdc for me and my friends and i'd like to include this feature- maching fav users only by theyr nicks

unfortunetly my understanding prograing and dc++ source code is not enough to manage on my own

could someone help me with this?

Not me for sure... but perhaps Crise or almiteycow. They will read your message soon I hope.

Just tell me where do I get a CID of an offline user first, and then we can think about this :P

You can find user's CID in his filelist and You can add Favorite users manually editing Favorities XML.

EDIT: but it's a real CID... useless in NMDC hubs, but more then enough to add ADC user. To ADD NMDC favorite user You need exact hub address and exact nick. There might be an option (creator) "Add offline user" asking for either CID or Nick&Address. It could be a confuse to "standard Apex++ user" :blink:

But if someone is interested - see Tip in my next post to add users by changing Favorites.xml

Also I think favorite users nick is just for show (since DC++ 0.68 and users identified by CID's) and You can change it as You wish (I include such option in my mod, and didn't see negative results... favorite users are still identified properly).

I dont understand why anyone would wanna add a fave user without the CID, I mean, it could be anyone....and also, prob wont work.

Adding user without CID is imposible, and that's not exactly the point of discussion...

but wait (testing)

Hmm.. It's a good TIP to know :P

If I add user without CID (or broken CID, using notepad for example) but type exact Nick and exact hub address new pseudo CID will be generated. So... in result "NMDC hub favorite user" is generated.

If I would like to add ADC user I must type only his true CID - get it from FL (nick is optional ... FL name contain user's nick also).

SUMMARY:

Aside from editing config, "add favorite user" isn't pointless: all it needs are 3 fields - CID, nick, last hub address.

If user type just Nick & hub address or type incorrect CID string - pseudo CID will be generated (NMDC fav user otherwise ADC fav user).

PS - Also some1 smart might want to write a patch: whenever You edit NMDC Favorite Hub address it will also generate new pseudo CIDs for all users from that hub.

albeit an old topic, actually after taking a look at this now I think I might do it.... (should've thought of your solution in the first place kulmegil)