MiRaGe

Connection closed & Connection timeout

13 posts in this topic

[18:14:18] *** A létező kapcsolatot a távoli állomás kényszerítetten bezárta.

[18:21:44] <xyz> Your nickname is registered, please provide a password

[18:21:44] *** Stored password sent...

[18:21:44] *** Connection closed

The first line could be sg like: "The existing connection is being forcibly closed by the remote workstation (server in this case)"

so i get this message frequently from every kind of hubs .... ynhub, ptokax .... every version of theese .... no regard to what my role is on the hub ( VIP, SU, OP, REG, simple user ...) .... and it sometimes gets annoying ... when leaving the client and finding after some hours that i'm disconnected from half of the hubs, and it is not connecting back automatically ....

this not happens of course instantly ..... it's sg happening about some hours after starting the client. i don't have any limiter (neither inside the client, nor outside)

and also ... i have the message "connection closed" and "connection timeout" from (as i investigated in the past few days) almost any kind of dc++ clients (czdc, bcdc, peerwed :) , strong -older and newer too)

my client has the setting "Allow all" in the firewall ... and I discussed this connection closed with some users and they say they didn't disconnect me (i even trust some of them, as i know them personally :) )

so my question --> is this a problem with my connection or possible problem with the software? does anyone else has this problem? and my favorite question --> is there a solution for this issue? :unsure:

Hiya MiRaGe! :D

The weird thing for me about this that you are not connected back to the hubs automatically... :unsure: It's not that unusual if a hub drops you, but you can reconnect right after. Your problem is definietly not the fault of the hubs.

Hmmm... :lol: The fact is that I am having the same problems since this weekend... :) Exactly the same. First the bittorrent client gone "wild", all the trackers not seem to work ("connection closed by peer", not mentioning that the bittorrent client simply kills the traffic of DC if it's running), and in DC, I experienced exactly the same: I turn on my computer when I wake up, start DC, leave the computer running, and when I come home, all hub tabs are staring red at me - all hubs are disconnected and "...Connection timeout", and I can't even reconnect them manually, I need to reconnect the whole internet connection (or even reset/reboot modem to make it work correctly). This started this weekend for me, and got intense on Monday, yesterday...

Considering that we are fellow Hungarians, and we are in the same country... ^_^ it looks like our lines are screwed... :) I think we are not at the same ISP. Hmmm... weird, that's for sure. I don't know the answer or solution to this problem yet, but I think that it's definitely our internet connection's ===> ISP's fault... :(

Maybe the lines here in Hungary have some issues, downcycle, whatever - they are not supposed to be. Anyways it's good to see that someone has the same problem, so I don't have to blame myself or my PC (^_^).

I hope that one of us can find out what is the source of the problem, and the solution, or it will be sorted by tomorrow (sounds impossible)...

>>

Option 1. Most Hungarian ISP s*x. But then >> most Bulgarian ISPs s*x too. But well, the last is quite true. :)

Option 2. There is a small s*rewed piece of shh... equipment right after your modems, in direction to the ISP. And each time this s*rewed device s*rews up (might be just insufficient power to the device, or, unlikely, badly calculated delay for it compared to the next one), your modems are s*rewed too. Might be even small power fluctuations, not able to turn off the PC, but enuf to put the modems in "coma". Just contact your ISPs with exact description of the problem, and if possible, the exact hour and minute it has happened last few times (in case they are doing smth on the line during this time). After all, in such cases they may even do not know that smth is wrong, and only the users go nuts. I had a similar issue with my ISP, losing connectivity on regular intervals for several mins, only a small part of the network was affected, and after I posted on their forum, it got solved for several days. :unsure:

here my modem and my pc are also on batteries too (so this power fluctuations are not the case .... as i check it all the time and i get a warning each time there is power probelm -- no warnings yet)

and here no need to reset the connection or reboot the modem .... the way i can reconnect to the hubs is ---> close the hub's window and then re-open it from favorite hubs window ... this way i can reconnect ..... instead of clicking "reconnect to hub" (this one doesn't work here too :) )

and as Noctis said ... hungarian ISPs s*ck :unsure:

and tested .... this doesn't happen to normal dc++ client (i have one installed on my pc to test if i can reproducate the problem with that too :lol: )

the firewall (and antivir) i use is kaspersky IS6 ... well set.

i'm on ADSL connection, but the same happens when testing at my mother-in-law's .... they are on cable connection, different ISP with real fast connection speed ( 10M/10M :) ) --> same happens.

so really a weird one

Could be connected with, f. ex. that when I change the hub address in Fav Hubs properties, I need to reopen the respective hub frame to reflect the change...

Guys. I am not sure if this is a related issue or not. but the connection that TGO, the dev hub and a couple others are on, is experiencing some major line issues since the last storm we had. I have had issues with the remote terminal before and recognize the issue. I am calling our telco today to address it. I also have a new modem coming, should be here friday. I hope this helps to resolve some of the issues. I ran line tests yesterday, and even though the count in TechGeeks was impressive, it was definitely not what it should have been able to hold without dropping half of the hub. The Lag was horrible and many more issues. Thus the point to call my telco today. Hope this helps. However, this should not in anyway affect other hubs that I do not host.

Check out this (I used this to do it)

post-2481-1176913068_thumb.jpg

:crying:

My speed is (supposed to be :D) 1280kbps/160kbps (see the picture and comply... :angry::D)

When I did the test I only had Windows Live Messenger logged on with on conversation window, and the browser with the speedtest :o

Seems like I need to call my great ISP... :pinch: :ermm:

Edited by Noctis

Noc, I hope this last test is s*rewed too, since both my Up/Down is just near V.92 modem. Pls post the results for you from www.speedtest.net , so we can at least have a reliable tool. :D

Edit: It is better with IE than with FF, 443/333 Up/Down, near Satellite.

Thanks Z. :D

I did three test, all were between 400 and 600 kbps in download (581 the highest download), with nothing but browser (FF) running... (uploads were about 100-110 kbps). Here's the last one:

114955989.png

PS.: the wugnet one speedtest worked fine before, and showed the speed I am supposed to have.

yo guys....think for a moment.

you're ISP might not have good connectivety to these speed teset sites.

PS.: the wugnet one speedtest worked fine before, and showed the speed I am supposed to have.

This speedtest showed the results I'd supposed to see, and in the test I included above, the server I used is in my country (in the capital). I am running uTorrent for some testing now: download speed isn't going higher than 55 kB/s - 440 kb/s :D, in fact it is under 50 kB/s mostly... I wonder how MiRaGe is doing, this topic is to help him after all :D

i also did this speedtest again :D .... and found that i'm almost as fast as asia

115000751.png

3dfx: actually this problem doesn't appear when i'm using bare DC++ ..... only with apex 1.0.0B2 (but also happened sometimes with 0.4.0 ... when running for several days without a restart)

and actually when not disconnecting (when only connected to less then about 10 hubs) download is actually around 400 kilobytes/sec

and i couldn't even use my browser while the client was running, because my pc had completely died while this fast speed was seen :D

tadaaammmm ... now from my mother-in-law's place ... where this connection timeout, connection closed and suddenly disconnecting from hub happens :D ... it's amazing that the speedtest said this:

115262006.png

(I've tried it several times and nearly the same results .... i thought they only have 10 M download :D )