Astronaut

max open hubs

9 posts in this topic

Hi!

During the development process - this feature (not a feature really) was present: All restrictions to (Max open hubs) were ignored. E.G. Our main hub set a restriction - "Allowed open hubs - 2" - otherwise - if there are more opened hubs than 2 in 1 dc client - it closes. So I have to open one more client to connect to other hubs.

Until (including) 0.4.0 version of Apex - there were no problems. But In 1.0b / 1.0b2 - I again cannot use 1 client to open as much hubs as I wish.

Once you told me that this feature (or bug) - may cause your client be considered as a fake client. But this feature was present all the time - and the client is not in the fake clients list. The mentioned restriction just makes me use more clients - that's all. Or I just have to stay with my favourite Apex without any upgrade since 0.4.0))).

Thanks for the great client! The described problem really makes me crazy.

Thank you!!!!

how many hubs ARE you trying to use, i'm usually in 7-10 but i have heard of users being in upto 30 i think

Not showering your real number of hubs is faketagging, apex will be banned from many hubs for that.

Until 1.0 version this worked. And was never banned. Really I see no problem ignoring this restriction. Using more clients solves the problem, but it is rather inconvenient. Apex is great client. But because of that I just have to stay with 0.4.0 without upgrade.

Until 1.0 version this worked. And was never banned. Really I see no problem ignoring this restriction. Using more clients solves the problem, but it is rather inconvenient. Apex is great client. But because of that I just have to stay with 0.4.0 without upgrade.

Hm, strong point, and it is same as having more shares... Why not indeed? A good client must follow the rules. A really good client must set the rules. So if Apex is going to be really good, we have to set some harmless things we find useful. :D

Thats for the devs to decide. A simple code change can do this btw :D (number of hubs faking)

Edit: what the newest version of apex has to do with hub restrictions ?

Edited by ifmn

Thats for the devs to decide. A simple code change can do this btw :D (number of hubs faking)

Edit: what the newest version of apex has to do with hub restrictions ?

I guess the newest version of SDC++ has to do with it. (@BM :D )

Just analyzing the features of Hubsoft and DCsoft - there are a lot of fake !! features in many new DC clients- but I would rather say that the feature of restricting 'max number of connected hubs' in Hubsoft - is a fake feature. Also ban feature in new DC soft (not APEX) - is really a fake ! Just to analyze - both features should not be present. How can I share my resources for all connected hubs- if my main hub does not allow me to open more hubs? . What should I do if every hub sets such restriction? How many DC clients should I have opened at a time?

The matter that you at some point could "bypass" that limit has nothing and never had anything to do with ApexDC++ itself. it was caused solely because of the fact that some hubs (mostly verlihub based as far as I know), weren't "aware" of ApexDC++ and because of this for some reason they were not able to parse the tag properly or treated it as tagless client.

ApexDC++ has and always will report number of hubs truthfully/correctly, end of discussion.

In other words: Your request won't be implemented :)

Hopefully I made myself clear :(

- Topic closed -