Aztek

Backup script

10 posts in this topic

Backing up your settings

If you experience data loss when trying to upgrade, this is the guide for you. Simply follow the intructions below and you'll be able to backup your ApexDC++ data and then upgrade without hesitation.

These scripts below will take live backups of your ApexDC++ settings folder when the program is running, so you have the most up to date backup when upgrading. The restore script should only be launched once you have successfully upgraded to the latest version, so it can import the old settings.

Backup script: [ http://kjarni.cc/l/?l=44 ]

Restore script: [ http://kjarni.cc/l/?l=45 ]

Note: Windows Vista users might need to run this script with elevation for the copy to work, otherwise you can take ownership of the ApexDC++ folder (if you know how to).

Note2: This script has a taskkill command that WILL close any open process named ApexDC.exe.

If you spot any problems please report them, and I'll be happy to update the script.

Related guides: How to upgrade

Update 12.4.2007 - Added guarding.p2p to the backup and restore script

I have an idea - a cpp exe that makes your bat with user's preferences (path, what to back up, number of backups, maybe a bat that first backs up apex and then runs it, and so on).what do you think ? I'll work on it tomorrow (right after those notification and reminder features CB requested).

sounds nice but i cant program much :lol:

all i could do is making the "looks" ^_^

something like this ?

settingbackupbatgeneratpi6.png

Edited by Aztek

*wishes someone, anyone, to know how to program*

wtf ? Wanna say something :lol: ? Aztek and me are working on it, probably 2 different projects, he codes in C#, I in C++, but this is getting offtopic now, so please use PMs. Also, expect new features ^_^

wtf ? Wanna say something :lol: ? Aztek and me are working on it, probably 2 different projects, he codes in C#, I in C++, but this is getting offtopic now, so please use PMs. Also, expect new features ^_^

Again read in the wrong way, indeed not written very well, but just in order to be related with Aztek thoughts.

= *wishes you good luck and success* Not used PM, so all can read it properly.

note that in Vista 64-bit, the directory that Apexdc++ is installed in is C:\Program Files (x86)\ApexDC++ you can manually edit the .bat in notepad, just simply perform a find/replace for Program Files. simple enough. worked great for me. thanx