Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AggyTheSlyFox

Setup file wiping data when upgrading

7 posts in this topic

Hi Lee,

I have always had problems when I upgrade to the new versions so I always copy my favorite and queue folders before downloading the new version and paste the saved files into the settings folder but one needs to do it one file at a time,exit apex dc++ and restart and paste the other folders. if you try to paste all the folders at the same time then the application is screwed up.

At present in the beta 2 version when I search for alternates in the the queue file it freezes the application.

Please advise

Regards

AggyTheSlyFox

AggyTheSlyFox you can try to put the hole map settings in one time in the new apex. I do that and never had problems.

Greetz Beertje

Hi Lee,

I have always had problems when I upgrade to the new versions so I always copy my favorite and queue folders before downloading the new version and paste the saved files into the settings folder but one needs to do it one file at a time,exit apex dc++ and restart and paste the other folders. if you try to paste all the folders at the same time then the application is screwed up.

At present in the beta 2 version when I search for alternates in the the queue file it freezes the application.

Please advise

Regards

AggyTheSlyFox

The setup file shouldn't touch anything in the settings area other than importing a new GEOIP if you've already got a previous version.

Lee,

Every time I upgraded to a new version of DC++ or Apex DC++ if I did not save my Queue, Favorates and Hash files prior to upgrading then they would automaticaly be replaced by the default Queue file and the existing Favorates and Hash files would automatically be deleted during the upgrading process.

This has happened time after time.

Regards

AggyTheSlyFox.

Aggy, I don't know you're technique with posting, but stop replying to a post with just a quote and then replying in a second post. I keep having to delete your first post.

The setup file cannot overwrite your favourites, queue, hash files, it's not told to. What's your process in upgrading?

Lee,

I download the new version into the Apex DC++ folder in my C:Program Files Folder by pressing the "Run" button and every time I have done that the new version automatically wipes out the existing Queue anf Favorite Hub XML and Bak files.

As I precaution I had created a sub folder for the previous Alpha version so I copied the existing Queue and Favorite Hub files from this folder into the new version settings folder.

As I have stated in my previous e-mail using the latest version of Apex DC++, when I search for alternates from the Queue folder the application appears to freeze or hangs and I get the usual "Application not responding" message. I have checked the CPU usage and Apex DC++ program is not using a lot of the CPU memory, about 4 to 10 percent and the overall CPU usage is about 50%.

Regards

AggyTheSlyFox

AggyTheSlyFox: These are "emails". This is a "forum", you are "posting" in a "topic". Now stop spamming (I've deleted your first post again).

Searching for alternatives is going into the download queue, and there's a known bug/crash that causes ApexDC++ to stop responding or close.

Those aren't your exact steps. Are you using the setup file? You must be telling the setup file to install in a new program files location, so there's no data. Nobody else is getting this problem.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0