Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 1.0.0 Beta 2

24 posts in this topic

After some quick feedback from our users testing Beta 1, we understood there were a couple of unique issues causing ApexDC++ to crash. These bugs are now fixed, allowing you to run the program and test out it's new features without running into problems.

Since we've fixed the major issues with the first Beta, we highly recommend everyone on Beta 1 and prior 1.0.0 versions to upgrade. You'll experience a lot of performance improvements after upgrading from 0.4.0 or earlier.

Download: ApexDC++ 1.0.0 Beta 2 (How to upgrade) (Donate)

Haha, that was really fast. Anyway, I would like to thank you for great client. 1.x is completely outstanding, comparing to previous releases.

Good work. :P

We've activated the PeerGuardian updater, so go to Settings > Security and update your blocklists. :P

Warning: It is only updated monthly, so don't hammer the server each day trying to update.

Screenshots

why 1.0x? I was waiting 0.5.0 or slt :D

01:40:23]

-=[ ApexDC++ 1.0.0B2 Compiled on: 2007-04-10 ]=-

-=[ Uptime: 19 min 5 sec ][ Cpu time: 0:00:07 ]=-

-=[ Memory usage (peak): 6,48 MB (13,73 MB) ]=-

-=[ Virtual memory usage (peak): 8,49 MB (8,70 MB) ]=-

-=[ Downloaded: 274,91 kB ][ Uploaded: 5,18 kB ]=-

-=[ Total download: 10,71 MB ][ Total upload: 272,40 kB ]=-

-=[ System Uptime: 51 min 7 sec ]=-

-=[ CPU Clock: 2672,729004 MHz ]=-

what is "[ Cpu time: 0:00:07 ]=-" this one?

Hmm, i'm using 1b2 version already more than hour and still haven't encountered any problem. Maybe there's something wrong with your PC ? ;]

I have been running the new beta for several hours and everytime i go to my download queue to look at my files Apex crashes with no info or anything it just shuts down. Other then that it works fine. It did this on the first beta and is doing it on the bug fix beta.

^0\.[1-4]\.[0-2]|1.0.0B(2)?$

Version regex this will be included in next AML

I just downloaded the second beta version. Really nice client, but when I try to get a filelist and it is trying to open it then my client freezes and the CPU is at 100 %. Must say the 0.4.0 was more stabile, but keep up the good work.

this version really works fine here...... doesn't eat up my processor's all capacity, takes much less memory than for example 0.4.0 ..... and i also tried to reproducate the errors which were mentioned on the forum, but couldn't.

so ignore my gratulations on the 1.0.0 and take it for the 1.0.0B2 :D :)

Split the crash reports, don't post them here! Put them in the Bugs and Crashes forum. :D

Hi, still crashing with 1.0.0 B2 :-( ...a few seconds after start of the application

We know, we're trying to find out what causes the crashes and then we'll fix them. So post as much information as you can in the correct topic (if there's already one in the crash forum).

In the meantime stay out of the download queue, it should reduce the crashes. :)

Thats why its called a BETA Version its not stable :D damn it ppl pay attention ^^

Closed the bug and crash forum because we're getting overloaded with the same exception reports and no extra information.

Will be back up later after we identify the problems. If you have any details (not exception reports, we have plently :D), then PM me.

Any plans on bringing the session stats back?..

4518c5u.png

Type /stats in main chat to see stats (they'll be sent to you only), use /pubstats for everyone to see.

That's ok, cool..:D Thanks for the reply; just thought it looked cool in the dialog, but it's all good :D

ApexDC++ freezes

I would like to tell you that my client froze yesterday. It happened when I tried to close About window. (it happened only once, usually everything is ok)

Absolutely no idea what happened. But one thing is for sure -- version.xml was already downloaded.

I guess it's something with uptime thingie.

Thank you.

We're releasing a new beta today if all goes well, which should fix the majority of crashes and freezes users have been experiencing. In the meantime, just wait for the announcement. :(

Sorry for the delay on Beta3, but we've decided to send it to our testers and give them a few days on it.

We've been able to nail reason for this crash. If you're on Beta 1/2, stay out of Ptokax enabled hubs, otherwise it will crash your client. To find out whether the hub is Ptokax, it should say in the MOTD (the message dispalyed when connecting to the hub).

Use hublist.org to connect to non-ptokax hubs.