Lee

When will ApexDC++ be released?

212 posts in this topic

Any disk that requires essentially the entire disk copied throws the system into a MCE error. I really don't care... I've found work-arounds, but there's one program I need to get working that I can't with this issue (Pinnacle Studio 10) ;) Looks like I'll be doin some Maxtor HDD tests and running MemTest86 again.....

No VGA output, no BIOS bootup. No sounds from system speaker. Manual doesn't have a trouble-shooting section (yay for XFX) and the manual you have to request from support to get it. I have it, checked the connections, nothing. Everything spins, but the board won't boot :)

Hmm, no VGA output. Does the VGA work on another PC? Have you tried with a PCI VGA (in case your AGP slot is gone)? Or the VGA is on-board? What's the make and model of this non-booting MB?

*waiting* :)

Why not guess a date while you're waiting? :)

I see your poll is missing the date too :). I think the Apex Dc is going to publicated at about June 13. Good Luck Guys! ;D

I see your poll is missing the date too :) . I think the Apex Dc is going to publicated at about June 13. Good Luck Guys! ;D

Thank you. Just vote other and post the date. :)

Your hub website takes a while to load. :)

I guess that's what happens when it's hosted on your personal computer/make-shift webserver? If he's getting low traffic then it should be fine. :)

Newer !!!

You're currently winning. :)

Please give us a date shortly <_<

We'd if there was a date to be given, as said countless times we cannot give you a date because RC11 isn't out yet....

Why won't you create your programs (PeerWeb or ApexDC) on base DC++ ?

I mean the open project which is still being updated.

Why won't you create your programs (PeerWeb or ApexDC) on base DC++ ?

I mean the open project which is still being updated.

just to clarify sdc is both open (because as long as it's complying with gpl, it's open) and updated, the time between releases is just longer ;)

and why we don't base on plain DC++ is simply because, it's just too lightweight.

It's time to unsticky this (party because the poll has been removed - due to a bug). If nobody is close to the date when development properly starts, we'll open a new competition.

any news about the release of RC11? i don't need to know the day i need to know the month ;)

From what I remember BM is a student, so probably he'll be finishing his work on RC11 after end of school semester (in my case it's the last week of june). Let's hope it will be much faster after he got some free time. And ApexDC++ will come "1 to 2 months till first public beta "

hmmm ... somewhere around beginning - ending of August that is?

When it comes to reality - It'll be good if it comes at least in the first part of June ;)

Lot's of time anyway...

(...well my first calculations for tester contest were very optimistic...)

From what I remember BM is a student, so probably he'll be finishing his work on RC11 after end of school semester (in my case it's the last week of june). Let's hope it will be much faster after he got some free time. And ApexDC++ will come "1 to 2 months till first public beta "

hmmm ... somewhere around beginning - ending of August that is?

When it comes to reality - It'll be good if it comes at least in the first part of June ;)

Lot's of time anyway...

(...well my first calculations for tester contest were very optimistic...)

I'd leave a broader release area for RC11 - the summer. Since BM will have free time available to him, but there's still a few things he'll want to get done in the client. You never know, both ApexDC++ and SDC++ RC11 maybe out by the end of summer.

not this year

unless BM will hold up RC11 extra long, it will be out this year...

not this year

:)

A lot of people (those who are not betatesters) :D are already frustrated waiting for rc11 so please don't post such things as it will only make them to put more pressure (or "When..?" posts) on BM and I don't think it'll help much. Besides it's quite a pesimistic way of seeing things...

Hmm, no VGA output. Does the VGA work on another PC? Have you tried with a PCI VGA (in case your AGP slot is gone)? Or the VGA is on-board? What's the make and model of this non-booting MB?

It's an XFX motherboard.... the manual used to be here:

http://www.xfxforce.com/mb/pineuserguides/KT400-ALH_UM.pdf

but if you email XFX about it, they'll forward the manual in PDF format to you :D

I have no idea what's wrong... the AGP slot may be gone, but if it is, I'm scrappin the MB.... and I don't think it has onboard video (what a quality product right?)

Just double checked.... no onboard video present :) And the card works, because I pulled it out of my working computer that i used to have, but upgraded. So it works (well too).

Edited by Brett

I just wanna take a guess here...

September 15th. :pinch:

Welcome Sarevok. I'll make sure we release it on that date so you win... ;)

On a serious note, it's looking to be out this month or next month if all goes to plan.

On a serious note, it's looking to be out this month or next month if all goes to plan.

;) i'll take my guess now then

17 August

I'm for August 23. Make me a birthday present, I'm sure that you guys do not object to wait a few weeks for me. ;)