Fake

Show us your desktop

102 posts in this topic

Mine.... Taskbar is usually hidden. Desktop wallpaper changes every 3 minutes... So basically, my desktop is a nice slideshow, since there's no icons.

dtoptv2.th.jpg

thought id post my work desktop. Yes i am at work on a sunday :angry:

Left Screen:

leftscreenlm6.th.png

Right Screen:

rightscreenii0.th.png

Edited by Greg

Haha love that second wallpaper!! I won't post my desktop though... seeing as I'm on a crappy PC while mine is broken. :angry:

lol, damm you greg. i was having real issue getting nested bb tags to work. as you can now all see. was trying to edit it however now you have replied i cant edit any more :angry: . if you could fix it for me that would be cool cheers. sorry to here about your pc

yes the right hand quite nice :)

edit:defenetly had that url tag correct :|

Edited by balder

lol, damm you greg. i was having real issue getting nested bb tags to work. as you can now all see. was trying to edit it however now you have replied i cant edit any more :) . if you could fix it for me that would be cool cheers. sorry to here about your pc

yes the right hand quite nice :)

edit:defenetly had that url tag correct :|

Ok, done, you just missed the [ on on that last edit. Sorry I replied, lol. :angry:

Talking about simple I thought, I might show you my desktop at work:

Click me (no, this is not windows :whistling:)

I think I will also upload a screenshot of my computer at home later today...

Talking about simple I thought, I might show you my desktop at work:

Click me (no, this is not windows :) )

I think I will also upload a screenshot of my computer at home later today...

Using Fluxbox or JWM maybe?

Pretty Simple, serves me well and keeps things clean the bottom middle auto hides as well as the start menu :D

Also the System Tray auto hides independently of everything else.

post-2513-1161836636_thumb.jpg

::Edit:: This is Windows as you may be able to tell :D

No, it's debian linux with olvwm as window manager. :) Simple, ressources friendly (unlike KDE) and actually even quite old, but still has almost everything I need here. The only thing it's lacking is a <close> button for the windows (like the [x] on te top right for most windows proggies)... But well, as of now, this is just at work. At home I'm of course still with windows...

No, it's debian linux with olvwm as window manager. ;) Simple, ressources friendly (unlike KDE) and actually even quite old, but still has almost everything I need here. The only thing it's lacking is a <close> button for the windows (like the [x] on te top right for most windows proggies)... But well, as of now, this is just at work. At home I'm of course still with windows...

Ah, I've never used olvwm, although it seems to like similar to JWM. I'd probably just stick to Fluxbox if I made the switch for good, as I use bbLean on Windows... just a shame how primative Fluxbox is in comparision. Will have to make an up-to-date screenshot of my desktop, although it's changed fairly little since the last one... :)

Ah, I've never used olvwm, although it seems to like similar to JWM. I'd probably just stick to Fluxbox if I made the switch for good, as I use bbLean on Windows... just a shame how primative Fluxbox is in comparision.

Do you know if in Fluxbox or JWM you can define if windows of certain programs have title bars on top or not? I mean something like e.g. the clock or the virtual desktop window in my screenshot. They can be set to have a title bar or to appear without as in the screenshot, by putting something like this to $HOME/.Xresources:

OpenWindows.MinimalDecor:	   Virtual xclock

If that is possible I might as well switch to one of these WMs to finally have a close button for the windows.. :) I could not find any way to add such feature into olwm (olvwm is the version of olwm with virtual desktop), even though googling and reading the manpages of olwm and olvwm for hours...

I think what makes olvwm/olwm different to the WMs you mentioned, is the complete absense of some kind of taskbar. Everything in olwm must be started via shell command or via the right-click menu - at least if that is configured properly. If you somehow lost track of a window you gotta search for it, maybe behind all the other windows, since you cannot easily see what apps are running. ;) Anyway, there at work I just overtook a running system and with the time I modified it slightly as far as I dared with manpages and stuff. But probably there is a way to have taskbars in olwm, as well.

And now, finally, my screenshots from the home base computer. ;)

First with all chaos and open windows:

Click for screenshot-active

I'm running on dual screen, left with 1280x1024, right with 1600x1200. Monitors have different sizes so it fits when they are placed next to each other. On the left screen there is a VNC window to my hub and webserver computer open.

And second with all calm, the way it's supposed to be.

Click for screenshot-passive

For those who like it: The wallpaper on the left is called "threesome1", the one on the right is "Asgard". Skin is "Shinobi". Actually, I like the right screen more, it's also my primary working space.

Well this is my desktop using Sphere Xp its a cool program makes your Desktop 3D worth checking out

looks real cool, i think i'll just have to check it out as soon as i get home .... until that ....

at the office :whistling:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4085/desktopco3.jpg

post-2768-1169123915_thumb.jpg

Time to post my desktop.

It's using Vista Transformation Pack 6.0 and WindowBlinds 5.0. :)

heres my desktop.. pretty simple. :)

post-2887-1173289351_thumb.jpg

Updated post and latest screenshot:

screenshot.PNG

Here's mine after migrating to Windows Vista.