Lee

April Fools: ApexDC++ 1.0 and PeerWeb DC++ 1.0

32 posts in this topic

Today we release ApexDC++ 1.0.0 Final and PeerWeb DC++ 1.0 Final. It's time to show how much we appreciate our users and release both stable releases earlier than we planned.

Remember to post feedback on both releases in the announcement topic and we will do our best to accommodate them. We haven't had time to update the changelog page, so please download the product and use it yourself. We have included a few easter eggs in the PeerWeb DC++ 1.0 release, including lots of innovative features. In the mean time spread the word about the two releases.

Enjoy. :)

I totally fell for it, a guy in my hub told me about it, so he had fallen for it too. Good one. ;) :)

both the binary and installer still show as 0.4.0 and I can not see any difference in them

Same here.

Same here.

Agreed I see no changes in the program itself, window still says I'm using Apex 0.4.0 as does the user list. but the install clearly said I was installing Apex 1.0.0

Its an April Fools Joke !!:)

Also the forums were inacccesible for the past hour+ with "IPS Driver Error".

LMAO :) Well, you got me..:S szy9hj.gif

...found this online today:

29qk612.gif

No Pun Intended!!!!!! ;)

Today we release ApexDC++ 1.0.0 Final and PeerWeb DC++ 1.0 Final. It's time to show how much we appreciate our users and release both stable releases earlier than we planned.

Remember to post feedback on both releases in the announcement topic and we will do our best to accommodate them. We haven't had time to update the changelog page, so please download the product and use it yourself. We have included a few easter eggs in the PeerWeb DC++ 1.0 release, including lots of innovative features. In the mean time spread the word about the two releases.

ApexDC++ 1.0.0: Installer | Binary | Source

PeerWeb DC++ 1.0: Binary | Source

Enjoy. :)

>.< Should of known better on a side note that install ate all my favourites ;)

LMAO ;)

I hope there wont be any >final< Apex version soon :)

I missed to open in time :)

how many people believe that april fools jokes can only be played on april first. if people believe this then lee's post was premature and that can contribute to people believing that he released a new apex i know i believed it becuase the post date was actually mar 31 not april fools day

how many people believe that april fools jokes can only be played on april first. if people believe this then lee's post was premature and that can contribute to people believing that he released a new apex i know i believed it becuase the post date was actually mar 31 not april fools day

This project is GMT... it was 1st April. ;)

Here's a headline:

WHY NOBODY SHOULD HAVE FALLEN FOR THIS APRIL FOOL

--or--

THERE NEVER WILL BE A RELEASE 1.0

Shall I be cynical? Of Course I shall...!! :thumbsup:

There is a reason why open source software using volunteer staff never gets to Release 1.0: Because it would require somebody to write help files and other documentation. Which, of course, nobody ever will. Much easier to just keep adding digits to the right of the decimal.

You will see Release 0.99.99.99.99.01 long before you will ever see Release 1.0. And it still won't have help files or a manual.

Thus, we discover the deeper meaning in the April Fool joke!

Delight me and prove me wrong! :P

..gadasch

Wrong: SDC++ has already 2.00+, AFAIK! :P It is just whether the dev/s is a realist or a dreamer. Let's say BM is a well-balanced one. :P

F. ex. XP: At times you just CAN'T do smth (erase dir), which was 100% working in the good ol' !rd days. And right now my XP is "protecting" all my folders as system ones, regardless of drive letter even! :thumbsup:

Here's a headline:

WHY NOBODY SHOULD HAVE FALLEN FOR THIS APRIL FOOL

--or--

THERE NEVER WILL BE A RELEASE 1.0

Shall I be cynical? Of Course I shall...!! :thumbsup:

There is a reason why open source software using volunteer staff never gets to Release 1.0: Because it would require somebody to write help files and other documentation. Which, of course, nobody ever will. Much easier to just keep adding digits to the right of the decimal.

You will see Release 0.99.99.99.99.01 long before you will ever see Release 1.0. And it still won't have help files or a manual.

Thus, we discover the deeper meaning in the April Fool joke!

Delight me and prove me wrong! :P

..gadasch

A 1.0 version isn't stated as 1.0 because of product documentation, it's stated because of the stability of program and is complete to an extent of what the developers required initially.

Besides, our documentation is published in several different topics within the guides forum. Yes, it may not be professionally published, but it's still classified as documentation and help. We even have a user guide which is updated regularly.

Anyway, stay tuned. :P

A 1.0 version isn't stated as 1.0 because of product documentation, it's stated because of the stability of program and is complete to an extent of what the developers required initially.

Besides, our documentation is published in several different topics within the guides forum. Yes, it may not be professionally published, but it's still classified as documentation and help. We even have a user guide which is updated regularly.

Anyway, stay tuned. :thumbsup:

Lee,

A good April Fools Joke.

Keep up the good work. Since I migrated from DC++ to Apex DC++ I have not regretted it. I think it is far better and more stable than DC++.+

Forgive any typo errors asn I have had 5 pints of strong Belgian Beer. This only decent pint in Houston - USA. You need to drink a gallon of the American Crap to get the same buzz.

Regards

AggyThe Sly Fox

<<Links removed - April Fools >>

Enjoy. :thumbsup:

Nice One - but it may have backfired on you guys :P Version 1 made the Afterdawn Newsletter in the update column so 1,000's of readers may be going for it right now - hahahahahahaha

Lee,

A good April Fools Joke.

Keep up the good work. Since I migrated from DC++ to Apex DC++ I have not regretted it. I think it is far better and more stable than DC++.+

Forgive any typo errors asn I have had 5 pints of strong Belgian Beer. This only decent pint in Houston - USA. You need to drink a gallon of the American Crap to get the same buzz.

Regards

AggyThe Sly Fox

I dunno about more stable, although I suppose the client is becoming more and more stable. As for beer - we Brits have some alright beer too, although I have to agree with you about American beer.

Nice One - but it may have backfired on you guys :P Version 1 made the Afterdawn Newsletter in the update column so 1,000's of readers may be going for it right now - hahahahahahaha

Haha, should have looked at the date... Maybe checked the actual client prior to annoucing it too. Nice to know the site is being checked that often by people, though.

Happy easter all ;)

Would be cool to find an easter pressie in form of a release when im back from holidays :wacko:

Why not, there was an Easter egg (double exe) in the Christmas installer. :wacko: