Noctis

Search Window - Selecting Hubs

13 posts in this topic

Hello, I'd like to request a small thing in the Search Window... In the window where you select hubs, all hubs are ticked by default, and also there's 'Only where I'm op'. So far I didn't find a method to deselect all the selected hubs (not unticking each of them one by one, of course). So it would be good if there were a feature I could select one hub with a click. Let me explain: for example using the right mouse button - when I click on a hub with RMB the hub gets ticked and the other hubs unticked as well (so it's kinda 'reverse selecting'). Beleive me it would come very useful sometimes!

(Sorry if this has came up before, or if it could be done, just I couldn't find out how)

Nice idea, the best thing now is Space+Arrows. :P

Nice idea, the best thing now is Space+Arrows. :P

Yes, and it is really annyoing, when you are in a lot of hubs, and you want to select only a few or only one...

Yes, and it is really annyoing, when you are in a lot of hubs, and you want to select only a few or only one...

Personally I just arrange the results by hub and select the users/files in the relevant hubs.

I am forced to do that too, but if this simple feature would be availabe, you wouldn't have to wait for all the results from all the hubs, and you wouldn't get lost in lot of results, and it would be more comfortable. And I also guess it is not a hard thing to implement.

I am forced to do that too, but if this simple feature would be availabe, you wouldn't have to wait for all the results from all the hubs, and you wouldn't get lost in lot of results, and it would be more comfortable. And I also guess it is not a hard thing to implement.

If it's not hard to implement then I wouldn't mind it being added, I would make use of it. Another thing we'd want in an OP edition/version of the programme really.

It looks more and more like either we will have only one edition, which obviously will have to "adopt" some OP features, or smo will have to code the OP edition, as there are not any news from Skynet. :)

It looks more and more like either we will have only one edition, which obviously will have to "adopt" some OP features, or smo will have to code the OP edition, as there are not any news from Skynet. :)

That's pretty much the situation. The standard client does some OPing features, just not many, or enough to make it extremely competitive.

IMO right click -> search hub would be really great too. //sorry for writing in 1 month old topic

of course it would be really good, but doesn't it work if you put the hub's name in filter when checking the results?

sorry i haven't checked it, but that would be logical thinking with the client's brain :lol:

i'll try as soon as my client stops "not responding" ^_^

*checked and it is working if you want to check only one hub (or if the ones you wanna have check have a same string in their names which others don't

Didn't understand, what filters ? I know how to do it, I just don't want do uncheck 20 hubs every time i search...

i was talking (actually writting) about sg like this .... i know the request is a true good one, but until it's done this could be a way to see search results only for one hub by using the filter option:

filterbyhubgq2.th.jpg

IMO right click -> search hub would be really great too. //sorry for writing in 1 month old topic

Possibly, just depends on how much demand for it there is I guess. I highly doubt I'd make any use of the feature, but if others would then I see no harm it being added.

As for old topic, better than creating a new one in this case I think. :(