Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
3dfx

Cyclic Redundency Check problem

20 posts in this topic

I get this error whyle hashing my share.... dont remember having it with other DC client.It apears only in on large files (2GB+).

Any idea what can be done,tryed refreshing,rebuilding the list,but still the same...checked the files,they're working and intact.

What is the file name (PM)? What is the file system on the drive? Have you scanned your HDD/RAM for errors?

file sys: NTFS winXP

the files are veryfied and working.the disks are error checked and defraged on regular basis....can figure out were the problem is.i dont remember having this problem with other DC clients.

CRC errors are caused by impossibility of reading file from the disk.

yes,i know...but for the third time - the files are OK.double checked them.

Check where it writes, the folder might be system protected (semi-gray read-only). there is a registry fix for this, but please confirm first...

any kind of software protection would write "Error reading/writing blahblah...". CRC error means physical corruption.

He should not try only reading the file, but completely move it to different disk (not only to different folder)

oh for crying out loud.... :)

found the problem....windows chdisk util sucks !

//offtopic

Everything that has Micro$oft/Window$ in it's name sucks :)

//offtopic

Everything that has Micro$oft/Window$ in it's name sucks :(

i dont agree on that.i should have used a more advanced tool in the first place,after all not every home user has 3x 1TB RAID0 massives each :)

//offtopic again

Sometimes I joke, sometimes I speak seriously, sometimes both :)

put your HDD into the trashbin, because it's corrupted.

If you manage to hash these files, they will be corrupted!!!

not a chance...files are working,checked the .iso images then installed the games that were "marked" by apex as corrupted - they work.nevermind :)

3dFX, I know you been asking about this for a while. I had 2 users that deleted their hash.dat and queue.xml.bak files, (should be NO relevance to each other) and rehashed the files, and it worked. cant say thats the cause or the solution, but its an option.. I believe the hash.dat file is rebuilt if its missing. others may be able to confirm...

Yes, worked for me a couple of times before, even with small shares (up to 100GB), I think it was around client update. But I can't remember whether I was getting CRC then.

thanks...i'll try that.i really hate doing complete rehashs because it takes about 20-25h to complete when the RAID massives are idle..

thanks...i'll try that.i really hate doing complete rehashs because it takes about 20-25h to complete when the RAID massives are idle..

Just note the problem files, delete hashindex and hashdata, then share only the problem files. If all is OK, readd the rest too. :P

//offtopic

Everything that has Micro$oft/Window$ in it's name sucks ;)

Software-wise maybe, not hardware-wise though. :)

I've had a cyclic redundancy check error on my harddrive before. What I did to fix it was wipe it with zeros with Linux, then reformatted it with a full NTFS format and it's worked fine ever since. You will obviously lose everything on it doing it this way though.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0