Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crise

Status update

17 posts in this topic

We have been working hard towards restoring the site as complete as possible without having access to our most recent backup of the website. We hope to be able to bring the site back online tomorrow. :)

As for now all we can do is wait... but ApexDC.net will be back and better than ever. We're all looking forward in to seeing you all again on the forums soon.

For those that don't know what's going on here ApexDC.net was taken offline for maintenance on 18th of March due to disagreement with the host but now we are well on the way to coming back as you can see...

Update: The site is now online exactly the same as it was before it went down on 18th of March if you experience any problems with the site or the forums don't hesitate to contact a member of the management team.

25th of March: We're deeply sorry for the vast amount of emails you might have received in the past 24-48 hours. The emailer of the forums had caught up in a loop for some reason. We are actively investigating this problem now and hope to resolve it as soon as possible. Once again sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused to you.

Hopefully we will have learnt from this and will avoid any such problems in future. :)

Hopefully we will have learnt from this and will avoid any such problems in future. :)

We can't avoid hosts dropping us. But yes, certain services can be seperated from the website so we don't become fully offline.

Lets hope that this one wont be as laggy as the previous one.

Sorry, last one was not laggy on my side, traditional Bulgarian talk about who has worse net, just like the Englishmen are discussing the weather.

On topic: Really glad to see you all again.

thx for all the work to bring the forums back I really missed them and I really do appreciate all the hard work TYRRAM

for a second there i almost had a stroke. new skin wouldn load :P ..but its all good now *i hope*

About my ISP - I know it sucks, but I remember I could open sites like download.com and hotmail and not able to see the forum ("the connection to the server was reset"...)

Anyway, that doesn't matter - now I have no problems :( (with apexdc.net, not the ISP :))

for a second there i almost had a stroke. new skin wouldn load :( ..but its all good now *i hope*

There isn't a new skin. :)

Anyway, I'm on a rubbish uni internet connection so cannot see whether the site loads slow (it's always my connection that loads slower than the site). ;)

Edit: Bulk email system should be fixed now.

The site is definitely a lot more "speedy"/responsive than a while before it went down. :)

im still having problems :)

telnet forums.apexdc.net 80

Trying 72.29.90.205...

Connected to forums.apexdc.net.

Escape character is '^]'.

GET http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php HTTP/1.1

Connection closed by foreign host.

balder@balder-desktop ~/java $ telnet forums.apexdc.net 80

Trying 72.29.90.205...

GET /index.php HTTP/1.1

im still having problems :)

telnet forums.apexdc.net 80

Trying 72.29.90.205...

GET http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php HTTP/1.1

balder@balder-desktop ~/java $ telnet forums.apexdc.net 80

Trying 72.29.90.205...

GET /index.php HTTP/1.1

I was having problems loading anything at around 5PM BST, seems to ahve sorted itself out, may have just been me though, didn't have/spend the time to check.

Yes, about an hour later than Balder's try, all was OK acc. to my browsing.

Wow, You are right i can access the forums from home again woohoo :P

Nice to see the site is back guys and that I'm able to be a tester again. keeping fingers X'd for the best for all of us :)

Loco

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0