da_asmodean

apexdc++ without the segmented download?

13 posts in this topic

ive been usin this apexdc++ 0.4.0 for a while now and the thing that bothers me the most is the segmented download... its a good and stable client... more stable than most others...

but it would be better if you could either take segmented download away from it or make it able to dompletely shut down the sd feature...

seems that it wont download a whole file at the same time but jumps from file to another without any logic...

and another thing is the auto priorization.... drives me nuts cause it seems you cant turn it off either...

thats all for now... more to follow

EDIT: an also a feature that does the next... first quequed = first downloaded (except the highest priority files)

File\Settings...\Downloads\Queue >>> untick 'Use Auto Priority by default'

yes ive done those... but still it keeps downlading those files in random order and random parts of those files... ackward... isnt it?

and also ive done that other tick.... no use... stil keeps doing it... tried almost everything but it seems they _cant_be_turned_off_

If you turned Auto Priority off you can set the priority of queued files in Download Queue.

doesnt seem to matter what i do... it keeps changin the priority of files in random... and autopriority is off

or is it just that the files you set to low priority currently have sources, and those on high priority don't?

hence why the low priority ones would start downloading.

Even with it disabled, it'll still download random chunks rather than the first chunk or the file first.

so it seems that im not the only one havin problems with the segmented donload

and if you read that message what lee wrote... it appears that _YOU_CANT_TURN_SEGMENTED_DOWNLOAD_OFF_

could some one PLEASE make apex without that featyre... plz plz plz

Even with it disabled, it'll still download random chunks rather than the first chunk or the file first.

so... with this

Example.jpg

doesn't actually disable it...? though when your downloading from one source if it's downloading in chucks it still downloads from 1st peice to last peice... because I can stream video as I download from Apex for example (internal private lan speeds up to at least 500kb/s is why I can stream).

hi again... so the further use of apex has teached me a couple of things...

1. the segmented download cant be turned off

2. although there is a possibility to take the autopriorization off it doesnt seem to work.. (glitches i know)

3. nobody doesnt seem to care

well.. ive tried all the versions of apex i can find (and there are several of them)

and at first i was impressed but not anymore...

seems that nobody cant fix these bugs or they just dont want to... which ever it is... youve lost a user... im switching back to ordinary dc++ because

it evolves to stabile clients a bit faster than this... sorry guys.. keep trying...

it does work segmented dl disable in ver 040 and priority

Downloads > Queue > Segment Downloading > use auto priority by default

if u already started the dl in multisource and change those > will continue in multisource

if u change the settings and start dl ul see it works