Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TYRRAM

Firefox problem running linux

3 posts in this topic

Hey I've been steadily working towards using linux for my own personal reasons and also hoping to help out with the new linux apex at some time in the future. I got knoppix 5.1 installed and working ok and then found out that the 2 isp's in my provence both do not support linux !! and they are the only 2 available to me. However a strange thing happened the other day I got firefox working through my isp and downloade a bunch of stuff i needed for knoppix eventhough they say they dont support it ?? I dont get that ?? Can anyone explain this is my isp lying to me ?? TYRRAM

I dont think this should be a reply to the announcement topic, so I've split it.

Blah, Linux is using TCP/IP protocol for internet, as well as Windows, and in terms of networking Linux is faaaar ahead, so if you support Linux at your end, your ISP is not to decide anything for your OS (basically). It is like Shell saying "We support all cars except Opel, because we do not like it". :) So I think that your ISP means "We will not be able to fix your PC, if Linux goes wrong", not that you will be unable to access Internet via them.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0