Lee

PirateShare.net launched

30 posts in this topic

PirateShare is a proxy protected file hosting service without any stupid download limits. No waiting periods, no verification codes, no hourly bandwidth limits, and no need for premium accounts. It's hosted by PRQ Inet, which in turn host sites like The Pirate Bay.

If you have a file under 50MB that requires a host, you can use PirateShare.net.

Argh, I actually really needed something like that last night... For like the only time ever.

Great news! And although it is a little "misusing", just remember that you can split everything in 50MB files with any good archiver or file splitter. :) But do not go too far...

WOW....not that good thou:

CPU Load Is Too High!

Sorry, the current CPU load is too high to allow visitors.

Please try again in a few moments.

Current Load: 25.26%

Maximum Allowed: 10.00%

:) :)

10% cpu, that sucks...

if one wants to have a proper web 50% is minimum !

10% cpu, that sucks...

if one wants to have a proper web 50% is minimum !

All may want it, but I guess money are needed. When smth is paid, it is hardly attractive. When smth is free, it gets easily overloaded or sux. And it sux to "suck for money" to provide smth that generally sux. (Sorry, maybe rude, but very short and simple). Exceptions like us and Google are rare. Damn, ApexDC++ and Google, sounds proud. :) :)

All may want it, but I guess money are needed. When smth is paid, it is hardly attractive. When smth is free, it gets easily overloaded or sux. And it sux to "suck for money" to provide smth that generally sux. (Sorry, maybe rude, but very short and simple). Exceptions like us and Google are rare. Damn, ApexDC++ and Google, sounds proud. :lol:;)

Apexdc.net has banner adds ^_^ which in term finances the site. (and subscription)

Apexdc.net has banner adds :lol: which in term finances the site. (and subscription)

they are banner or text ads depending on what google decides to give us... (since they are google ads)

Apexdc.net has banner adds :lol: which in term finances the site. (and subscription)

So does PirateShare.

So does PirateShare.

For me paid = you need to give money in order to have access. We have long topic(s) about the subscriptions, public versions are free, site open freely for everyone, and as an extra, these are not vulgar nasty pic ads, but even profiled and targeted to help the user. :lol:

Just to state, You can use google for small file hosting, they offer 100MB free hosting, and afaik its there (the file) 'till you want to remove it :lol: .Also they offer pic sharing but not so good...

Just to state, you can just register for gmail and have 1GB+counting, then send the file to this e-mail and give the login details to the opposite side (for trusted parties). I have mentioned Google are an exception in a way. Dunno how many people knew how many years before Google RU free services offered unlimited box, 20MB web space, POP3, SMTP, IMAP, now also some new prot too, as well as a small app like the one Google has. :P

The idea of this site is to upload it to the public, and give the link publically. It isn't to send it to 3 people on your gmail contact list. I don't think google will allow copyrighted files being uploaded ,either.

i'm not sure they "CAN" check without breaking some privacy rules

i'm not sure they "CAN" check without breaking some privacy rules

You shot the rabbit. :) You can publish the login details on the web, and Google still should be breaking privacy if using the info. If they implement a password for "read only" (so users can safely chack mail fron I-net coffees, etc. :) ), won't it be beautiful? And yes, I guess this idea could even bring me smth if told to Google. :P

I'm talking about their web hosting. Ssing your email for this is an alternative, but not so good. I use it for backups. //its 2.6 GB, not 1.

Lee, I'm not comparing them, just giving some small alternative which imo has some advantages :P.

No sacrifice, just register a new one. And mine (oldest gmail e-mail :P ) is bigger than yours, however I am bored to check with now many cen... MBs. :)

I am afraid this starts to look like chat, good we are in the Lounge. :)

ifmn: I know :)

You do? Have you seen it? This really breaks some privacy rules... :)

However I can't remember of seeing yours, little things are easy to forget anyways. :P

With 18GB of webhosting space, I can just upload stuff there... More bandwidth than required so could distribute a 50MB file to thousands. Uploading sites are good if you can't justify spending money, but having some hosting to use is far superior. Uploading to USENET is also an alternative if it's suitable for public distribution.

Unfortunately PirateShare caused too much load on their server, and nobody helped out by donating. So they've had to take it offline in order for nsaneproductions site to stay up.

PirateShare Closed For Good! (03/02/2007 - 06/20/2007)

It's been over 24 hours since I posted our plea for help, but it seems no one gives a ****. I really thought this site would get a lot more support from the public seeing as we're basically risking our asses in jail so you peeps can share a few ****ing cracks. I guess my buddy in Team ICU was right though, I shouldn't have to deal with this **** any ways...

To any interested buyers, this domain is officially for sale! Price $9,999 -- we have to pay off the debts somehow! Just e-mail us your info and we'll send you the payment details, and the EPP key soon after.

Farewell (to anyone that actually gave a ****),

nsane productions & Friends

PS - All 4 of our Premium Members will be refunded as soon as I sober up...

hahahah...nice text :(

here in iceland i don't know about ANY isp that charges for webhosting upload.

so basicly i can upload a huge file and let millions download it without a peep from my host :(

ps, lol

PS - All 4 of our Premium Members will be refunded as soon as I sober up...
Edited by Aztek

here in iceland i don't know about ANY isp that charges for webhosting upload.

so basicly i can upload a huge file and let millions download it without a peep from my host :(

ps, lol

What's that got to do with this situation? PirateShare was taken offline because it required huge amounts of CPU and Memory in order process the download requests.. nothing to do with bandwidth... that stuff is easy to get hold on.