Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Freebow

Drop Down Menu In Users List

27 posts in this topic

It would be nice If there is an option to save used strings in user list filter. I use it most of the time to filter clients by tag

and to kick those which are forbidden. A nice box which will save last 5 filters for every hub should be great option.

I know that many people which havent used that maybe dont find this good, but It is a nice feature. Also if you want to select

a group of people by any other thing: tag, prefix, sharesize, hubs, slots, ip...

Here is an example how it should look (maybe):

post-4382-1173381775_thumbgif

Or it could remember typed entries which could be browsed back with CTRL + DOWN or UP...

Or it could remember typed entries which could be browsed back with CTRL + DOWN or UP...

I like this one more, if not very resource-hungry.

But if you agree, better only Ctrl+Up/Down. No need to waste space.

with Ctrl+Up/Down or by using a dropdown, the last entries have to be remembered anyway, so i think both would use about the same amount of memory (maybe a little bit more for the dropdown, but this isn't much).

it's a very good idea, but i've one question: how would you tell the program when one of the entries has to be saved in the list? Enter button?

edit: oh, some autocomplete feature can also be very useful in this case :D

it's a very good idea, but i've one question: how would you tell the program when one of the entries has to be saved in the list? Enter button?

Thank You Very Much For Your Posting. I am not shure about save. I could think of the solution and make graphic for that. I dont care about the time. Just want to help developers to build better client... For example I kick in one hub for clients like Strong, Zion, Zk and other two which I wont mention (thats the way owner wants) And I enter into that box st|z|pw|ap and TAG in listing. That way I get all users which have that clients and I can easily kick them all at once. If I could have that one saved - I would do my job much better and faster...

Regards to all posters...

Thank You Very Much For Your Posting. I am not shure about save. I could think of the solution and make graphic for that. I dont care about the time. Just want to help developers to build better client... For example I kick in one hub for clients like Strong, Zion, Zk and other two which I wont mention (thats the way owner wants) And I enter into that box st|z|pw|ap and TAG in listing. That way I get all users which have that clients and I can easily kick them all at once. If I could have that one saved - I would do my job much better and faster...

Hmm I would think, though this could be useful perhaps for non-op's, that this would be in turn a better option for the ApexOP client. As to how to save them. I think a small table that in the file-->settings-->experts(perhaps?) would be a good place to input them. Alternatively The ApexOP if it has a lua scripting could have a plug in where it searches all the said users tags and even auto kicks for your tags that you have listed. Anyway just an idea.

about your specific problem here (kicking based on some factors), have a look at the Fake detector > Clients tab in the settings. you can add this st|z|pw|ap as some kind of regexp, and associate an automatic raw to that profile. you can this way do whatever action you want for these profiles, automatically (no need to select the users, clik "kick", etc).

the hard thing may be to correctly define the raw, but it isn't the matter here.

this doesn't make this feature request unuseful, though :D

about your specific problem here (kicking based on some factors), have a look at the Fake detector > Clients tab in the settings. you can add this st|z|pw|ap as some kind of regexp, and associate an automatic raw to that profile. you can this way do whatever action you want for these profiles, automatically (no need to select the users, clik "kick", etc).

the hard thing may be to correctly define the raw, but it isn't the matter here.

this doesn't make this feature request unuseful, though :D

Uh I am tired... I have made a posting mistake...

You are right about that one. I will made one command for that and will see if it works well.

Also I am giving my vote for that drop down feature - It can be usefull in many other ways...

Thanks for reply ;)

bigcanuck:

Good Idea! I vote for that. And considering .lua its not a GO here :D They wont make LUA support...

with Ctrl+Up/Down or by using a dropdown, the last entries have to be remembered anyway, so i think both would use about the same amount of memory (maybe a little bit more for the dropdown, but this isn't much).

edit: oh, some autocomplete feature can also be very useful in this case :)

1. I mean space in GUI for longer nicks, sorry... But with drop-down it will be clearer for selection... But why not pressing, f. ex "c" for nicks, starting with "c", then use the arrows or add a second or third char (like it is already btw)?

2. Why not just add all and let user define how many entries "before the last" he wants.

1. I mean space in GUI for longer nicks, sorry... But with drop-down it will be clearer for selection... But why not pressing, f. ex "c" for nicks, starting with "c", then use the arrows or add a second or third char (like it is already btw)?

2. Why not just add all and let user define how many entries "before the last" he wants.

uh... well i have some settings which i always check from there... It is not always consider user name but tags, cheating description, and that sort of things... But You are right. I type always almost the same things so I guess that is a good solution to a problem. Why complicate things when they can be simple. I like it... :)

Well, to define better then, the "remember last X (user choice) entries" + a field in settings for "fixed ones", which will be loaded at startup and not spending your time on reboot. :)

Great! What do you think, if something is retyped more than once, it should change a postion in order to be deleted when it reach X number (remember last X (user choice) entries)? You know what i mean. For example I have set 5 entries. And I have

<<<delete>>>

Zlobomir

is

very

good

tester

<<<newentry>>>

if I type Zlobomir 3 times, and then enter new word "Freebow" should "Zlobomir" be ereased or "is" word which hasnt been retyped not once?

Should be:

<<<delete>>>

is

very

good

tester

Freebow

<<<newentry>>>

or

<<<delete>>>

very

good

tester

Zlobomir

Freebow

<<<newentry>>>

What do you think?

Regards

I like the chosen example pattern. And if there are not too much fuss and check boxes for a single option, we can have both modes. Although naturally typing of an old entry should be considered as new.

what i meant here is that when you write down 1 letter in the field, the list is already updated according to this letter. if you type another one, the list updates again; etc.

so, say i want to search for "[VIP]" in the user list. if that list saved everything searched for, it would save:

[

[V

[VI

[VIP

[VIP]

thus my question about how to tell the program when to add something to that list, and when not to.

erm... OK, another option for this... "save only if no new character entered for X seconds", of course skipping idle, or as a second choice, really using Enter. We would need two pages in settings for this feature. But imo this is the most intelligent way. :)

what i meant here is that when you write down 1 letter in the field, the list is already updated according to this letter. if you type another one, the list updates again; etc.

so, say i want to search for "[VIP]" in the user list. if that list saved everything searched for, it would save:

[

[V

[VI

[VIP

[VIP]

thus my question about how to tell the program when to add something to that list, and when not to.

Good Point... I could give it a try...

Go To Settings >>> Advanced >>> Activate search/userlist filter by pressing Enter (7th option from the bottom)

If its checked, word can be saved by Enter. If its not it wont be saved.

Second option should be small little tiny button which will decide what searches will be saved.

I think this second one will suit the best. I will make GUI to show how it could look and you decide...

Well I would personaly like that function in any way. I think it should also save the type of filtered list (nick, tag, ip, share, pk string...). Basically I dont want to complicate things. I have made my effort to make a suggestions. they might be good, they might be bad, they might give you some another, better idea. I dont know. I am here with my expirience as user, op, admin and client tester to help You make better client which I already use. I have been using PWDC++ also and I like it very much.

I can give 3 possible solutions (and 4th is yours):

1)

post-4382-1173701755_thumbgif

a.) save line - it should save typed line together with chosen list type (nick, tag, ip...)

b.) delete line - simple delete

c.) clear line - clear writen data from enter line

2)

post-4382-1173701187_thumbgif

It should have this "S" button which can be used for save. In the options there could be number of X entries (remember last X (user choice) entries) like Zlobomir said, which can be saved into that list. If You reuse some word(s) from the list it should take "freshest" position in the list in order not to be delited if You use it often. When NEW LINE is entered and the MAX ammount of stored words are hit, the oldest word in the list should be deleted.

3)

This one could be done with no interface and to be affected by CTRL+UP or DOWN. Also a list which deletes oldes entries when new one is typed

4)

Just autocomplete like you said... of some frequent typed words...

Cheers :)

or 5) a listview in the fav hubs properties where the list can be edited.

the ideas with timers and stuff may be really too hard to do; however, your 2 images show good solutions (i prefer the one with the "Save" command in the dropdown).

I think that if i'll do this it'll be done with autocomplete of some sort... why? because i already have code for autocimplete (being lazy and taking the easy route :))

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0