Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TYRRAM

ZionDC++

11 posts in this topic

I know this is probably not the best place to post this but apperently the ZionDC++ project and lost its GPL which I dont fully understand and the forum is gone as well does anyone know whats going on with the ZionDC++ project and forums ?? I also heard the lead developer has run off ??

I know this is probably not the best place to post this but apperently the ZionDC++ project and lost its GPL which I dont fully understand and the forum is gone as well does anyone know whats going on with the ZionDC++ project and forums ?? I also heard the lead developer has run off ??

As far as I konow the ZION project will be be continued. So the official Forum is down too.

For french people there is still a forum but it is not the official Forum.

Thats all I know about it.

that's an old copy of the main site, the "real one" got deleted either by Omega et al. or their host, dunno the details really...

Zion is dead and gone

no point in discussing what and why

just to bad with the guardian plugin it could have been a turning point in dc clients but now just a cool plugin mod for a few ex of zion clients that are labeled as GPL Breakers..

and plz dont ask me about this.. not intressed in commenting more that i did..

In a way, i actually feel bad about of what happened to it... but on the other hand Zion left it's most important piece of "heritage" even before it had been moved over to Omega, it's just a matter of someone willing to revive it...

But as I said before, when Omega decided to take the path he did, with Zion, he has to have known that at some point the discussion about these things would arise... especially since Zion was a base for quite a few mods, until it "changed it's policy" (some were better, some the opposite... but no need to think of that anymore now is there)

So is it about GPL or what? Because I read this topic and nobody really said anything straight even if it wouldn't be unofficial... but if You know the reason just say it. It's not like it disappeared into thin air... :/

(page is old copy, since there was 2.06 witch I luckily DLed)

I thought it stopped due to being in France, and there's programming laws there.

All I can find out is that it had something to do with their GPL but its all a "big secret" for some reason ppl in the know wont talk about it either because they dont feel like it or they dont really know anything I dont know why. Anyway I'm a little pissed about it I volunteered my time and energy to test Zion++ 2.17 green (and I wasnt doing it for the money) the least they could do is give me some sort of notification or explanation, but nothing. The forum site disappears no one says a word, no e-mail, no thx, no nothing. I was talking to someone on the "zion support hub" yesterday and they seem to think its all coming back they said it was being worked on, the hub is still there so maybe there is hope, but according to toast its totally dead. So I dont know what to think and as you can see from toast's post they aren't exactly talkitive types (thats not a critisism just a fact) Anyhow I got a cool test client out of the deal which I plan on keeping and using so I'm not totaly empty handed. Anyway you never know I'm always learning I may learn to develope it myself someday. I've no shortage of crazy ideas for client as I'm sure you are all well aware of. I at least live in a country where I could probably get away with it. TYRRAM.

I just talked to someone else about it. I asked if there was any news on the zion projets and they said : omaga went away for awhile, I have to go, bye. thats it man these ppl are so secretive whats up with that ? can someone explain why I feel like Im dealing with the KGB ??

We'll leave it at that. It's not our place to say.