Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KP

Restore Last Session

13 posts in this topic

I think having making it so in some way if your Apex DC crashes for some reason and start it up again, it'll ask you if you want to restore your last session reloading the chat and whatever the users typed in it. Sort of like how the new firefox does it.

Don't know if it's clear enough.

Thanks

*BUMP*

Don't know if Crise or Lee saw this thread. If you did sorry for the bump.

*BUMP*

Don't know if Crise or Lee saw this thread. If you did sorry for the bump.

I did see it, and concept is very good, but to be realistic, i don't know how i could make it save that kind of data ... chat logs could be utilized somehow but they are just plain txt files...

Oh, alright.

Just thought it would be a good idea incase if you join a hub you don't have in your favs and if your DC crashes you can just restore everything before the crash.

Isn't it possible to do it in the way MS Word recovers documents?

Isn't it possible to do it in the way MS Word recovers documents?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes, it is possible.

Or

Yes, it is not possible? :)

My bad actually...

Could an extra xml settings file be included for current session. i dont think its feasable (perhaps it is) to store the last thing in chat but the hubs and pm's you where in could be storded?

Could an extra xml settings file be included for current session. i dont think its feasable (perhaps it is) to store the last thing in chat but the hubs and pm's you where in could be storded?

but isn't there a already a "log main chat" "log private chat" option in settings.

Am I missing something?

M

Yep and CraKter's idea isn't needed either, I believe messages are saved as they are posted/recieved.

Yep and CraKter's idea isn't needed either, I believe messages are saved as they are posted/recieved.

yes, if you tick the aprropiate boxes in settings.

M

yes, if you tick the aprropiate boxes in settings.

M

yes you have to enable logging. i believ its of by default. Therefore any functionality that realies on it existing could potentioly crash the app and then were going round in circles :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0