Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xXx

apexdc++ and experts only

4 posts in this topic

Hi to everybody, I am new of the forums, but I am an impassioned of apexdc++, I would want some explanations on the functions that we find to the voice experts only, type, rollback write buffer size and all the others, thanks for the polite attention, waiting for answers hi from xXx

this one, I will have to yield to the other support team and dev members on.. some of them frankly even I have no clue. but I do know that altering them will help or worsen the speeds you get on downloads/uploads

They are all explained somewhere in the forums, i think it was BigMuscle that posted an explanation.

Rollback - how much data to discard and re-download when there's a corruption

Socket read buffer - how much data to read from the HDD at once

The 'socket write buffer' or 'write buffer size' was the opposite of the above, i am not sure which adn i dont have a clue about the 3rd one - if i could use search i wold have found them.

Use socket read/write buffer carefully - some people get a performance increase, others - decrease

Test them - it all depends on your HDD.

PS: I know nearly all of the experts only settings, maybe ill make a guide, just explain to me 'max resize lines' and 'max sources for autosearch':)

Hm, just looked out and discovered that balder has done the guide I proposed, but for the "not so advanced" :) settings. So stay tuned for more...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0