Teobald

IP auto update

22 posts in this topic

Hello all,

my ISP disconnects me every 12-15 hours, then i auto reconnect again while my client is still running and i get another IP. To continue my downloads its very crucial for me to have an IP auto update every 10-20 minutes (not only when i restart my client). I think Zion has a box for auto-updates every 10 mins. That would be a very usefull feature for me.

Thnx for the great client

Regards Teo

Ok. tyvm for your reply. But still my requested feature would be great. :)

Having the option to "update every X minutes" (or hours) would probably get some use by others as well... not sure where this option would go, though.

Why not, it will make the DUC soft and similar useless for people using only DC++ for P2P. Just like the PG plug-in.

Why not, it will make the DUC soft and similar useless for people using only DC++ for P2P. Just like the PG plug-in.

i don't see any point in that... and about PG plugin... well you'll see :)

If ApexDC++ uses less resources to do it, and people have no other need for the dynamic address, then good. :)

i don't see any point in that... and about PG plugin... well you'll see :D

I think theres a really big point in that ;)

All users that have a dynamic ip adress have to run an extra updater. No one else who would like to have that in Apex?

I have dynamic IP, yet I never experience any problems... and I don't run DUC anymore.

i have dynamic ip too and don't have any errors ... i go further .... i've regged a dynamic dns address for free and set my router to update it when connecting ---> actually i use "don't update IP" every startup and put there my dns name ;)

... could be a solution if you have a router

Personally I have a proper domain for my PC/connection, but my IP very rarely changes, so not much of an issue anyway.

I'd really appreciate this feature too, because I am getting disconnected about 2 times a day, and if I'm not here, my download are blocked, because I get a different IP.

i have to say that this feature would not be of use to me but it has come up a lot and perhaps it is worth implmenting. I cant imagine it wwould take long.

I'd really appreciate this feature too, because I am getting disconnected about 2 times a day, and if I'm not here, my download are blocked, because I get a different IP.

Yep, thats why we need this Updater. Crise has not said its not going to be implemented, so im still promoting this thingy :)

Still having the same problem :) . There are even hubs not letting me back in after my IP changed. And in those hubs i can get back in, my downloads wont resume. The conclusion is .. i cant keep ApexDC running like my other p2p programs (which are all updating the IP everytime it changes).

So .. is there any chance to get such an updater?

Regards

Teo

I have dynamic IP, yet I never experience any problems... and I don't run DUC anymore.

That will be because your IP doesn't update while Apex is running, like this guys does.

That will be because your IP doesn't update while Apex is running, like this guys does.

Yeah Satan I know that... about the only time my ip changes is when I change my pc's mac address... however as for this request, there exists tools to solve tis issue already and I see no real reason to include such tools in apex because of that.

Chriss you show basic lack of will to understand problem. There is no proper solution but checking if IP changed from DC client itself. But as many other issupes. ApexDC++ developers do not care about problems that do not hit them.

Or....the are not willing to implement an entirely new feature for 1 person.....which is understandable.

Well, it is not possible he to be the only one on the world with this problem. If we are about to increase popularity of Apex, we should pay attention to what users need.

I have the same problem too

my provider changes my IP adress frequently and most hubs crash and after reconnecting i get the

"Your reported IP: 0.0.0.0 does not match your real IP: 0.0.0.0" message

this feature would be great!