Eagle Tail

windows Me non conpatible

8 posts in this topic

:) Hi folks... i' instale apex 4.0 and i' se is compatible with all windows versions... why after i' try to open apex i' se this message... Why.... :) can someone help me here... Please...

sss.bmp

:) Hi folks... i' instale apex 4.0 and i' se is compatible with all windows versions... why after i' try to open apex i' se this message... Why.... :) can someone help me here... Please...

Just do what the message says you to do :)

You may also consider upgrading your OS to Win 2000 or higher, Win 9x is just not optimized for such heavy network activity. In my experience Win 2k runs quite happy on PI 150MHz w/o MMX and 128MB RAM, if used ONLY for a router + light AV soft + eMule... But at the start it ran even with 32MB RAM, believe it or not. ;)

You may also consider upgrading your OS to Win 2000 or higher, Win 9x is just not optimized for such heavy network activity. In my experience Win 2k runs quite happy on PI 150MHz w/o MMX and 128MB RAM, if used ONLY for a router + light AV soft + eMule... But at the start it ran even with 32MB RAM, believe it or not. ;)

Not only that 9x isn't optimized, it's not safe at all. Microsoft does not support anything older than 2000, therefore no more patches for them. If there's an exploit, you're left wide open. It's crucial that you upgrade as soon as possible.

(By the way, I ran XP on a 200Mhz computer with 64MB RAM, it played movies in my living room for a while, until I got a better computer for the room)

Not only that 9x isn't optimized, it's not safe at all. Microsoft does not support anything older than 2000, therefore no more patches for them. If there's an exploit, you're left wide open. It's crucial that you upgrade as soon as possible.

(By the way, I ran XP on a 200Mhz computer with 64MB RAM, it played movies in my living room for a while, until I got a better computer for the room)

This too, but imagine the news bulletin: New dangerous virus for Win 98 hit today. Two computers were infected. ;) I mean, with the no. of users still running 9x, there is not much sense in attacking those, and AFAIK there are not many attempts.

There are reasons and thus - attempts.

Better upgrade your sys and be safe than count on that...

Dont get this the wrong way...

but either upgrade to a more secure and better system or frakk off.