ivan386

Clients as Hubs, FTP Mirror, Extends for mp3.

4 posts in this topic

I am from Russia. (It's about my English)

Let users can replace main hab if its dont avalible. Thats protect net. If net dont work fine. Users still be online. And wil see athers ho avalible.

And i want to share FTP Resurses from other computer through my.

Mp3

I Show

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<FileListing Version="1" CID="ID" Base="/" Generator="DC++ 0.698">

<Directory Name="Music">

<File Name="Cool.mp3" Size="100" TTH="A"/>

<info>

<Author Value="Name"/>

<Album Value="Som Album"/>

<Text lang="EN">

Text

</Text>

</info>

<DataParts>

<Data Name="ClearMP3DataWithoutID3Tag" Start="10" Size="90" TTH="B">

</DataParts>

</File>

</Directory>

</FileListing>

Info may use for serch and for list.

If i change ID3 Tag, ClearMP3Data will not change and it part of file can dowload ather users hwo starts download ather copy of this file.

Sorry if you can't anderstand me.

that's just not how the dc++ protocol works, there needs to be a central hub to coordinate all the stuff between users

that's just not how the dc++ protocol works, there needs to be a central hub to coordinate all the stuff between users

After fall of main hab. First client in list become a new hab. And all else clients connect to him. If client do not can get access to main Hab, he can connect to the one of hab clients as to new hab. And get access through him. Of course if client give him access.

And what about ather idias?

1. IMO it is very hard, this means an integrated hub in each client. Say the first hub with all settings and bs is Yn, and you are using Valknut, or Verli - ApexDC++? And auto-detection of best (fastest) host, etc... Info for all clients is in the hub, if it suddenly goes offline, how the clients will find each other? In the best case, even by some spider-like way involving DC client ID numbers (read: each separate [Apex]DC++ installation gets an ID no. from a central server), and then searching clients via other hubs, I doubt that all the DC clients will or could be made compatible with such ID.

2. Sharing of FTP resources - can be useful, but you can run a proxy on your PC with the same effect? It requires a bit more knowledge, but will be the same, right? In the usual case, when you have no way to share normally, it is because the other party (ISP? :) ) does not like being exposed, so...

3. I think we discussed such option before, and it will be available with ADC protocol, or I am wrong? Actually, ADC may help for point 1. too.