Version: 0.4.0 (2006-12-24)

Major: 5

Minor: 1

Build: 2600

SP: 2

Type: 1

Time: 2007-02-16 11:41:01

TTH: YBP45KNMY2PE64J2ZH7A77UJFMDBI4A4FN657VI

d:\cvs\apexdc++\includes\stlport\stlport\stl\_string.c(658): stlp_std::basic_string<wchar_t=0x0B67FB00,stlp_std::char_traits<wchar_t>=0x45D58A3D,stlp_std::allocator<wchar_t> >::basic_string<wchar_t=0x0101A238,stlp_std::char_traits<wchar_t>=0x0101A27C,stlp_std::allocator<wchar_t> >

d:\cvs\apexdc++\apexdc\client\util.cpp(941): Util::formatTime

d:\cvs\apexdc++\apexdc\client\adlsearch.h(55): ADLSearch::Prepare

0x014C04D4: ?

ApexDC!0x00727500: ?

ApexDC!0x006E6F00: _CallCatchBlock2

So don't know what to do anyway i post it here. Sorry i couldn't do a screenshot.

What were you doing when the crash occured? Is this the first time it has occured?

Well i was only connected to around 15 hubs and was chatting with some people. Had around 4 pm windows opened. I was on a pm when i got this little window with this message and 3 buttons like : continue, restart application when done and another one. I guess that's it.

I see some ADLSearch mentioned in report, Apex maybe encountered an error while silently searching for smth.

It is the bug of formatTime function. It crashes if format string has incorrect parameters. For example: "%1" or "%х" (cyrillic symbol). More info you can get here

Sunday feb 18th 2007

Guess what !! yes another crash. But this time it's on screenshot. And it looks the same.

Missing text from screenshot :

d:\cvs\apexdc++\includes\stlport\stlport\stl\_string.c(658): stlp_std::basic_string<wchar_t=0x0BF6FB50,stlp_std::char_traits<wchar_t>=0x45D85A2C,stlp_std::allocator<wchar_t> >::basic_string<wchar_t=0x0101A238,stlp_std::char_traits<wchar_t>=0x0101A27C,stlp_std::allocator<wchar_t> >

0x0F851D94: ?

post-3211-1171807916_thumb.png

What the heck ?? 15 minutes later and BANG !! another crash.

Missing text on screenshot :

d:\cvs\apexdc++\includes\stlport\stlport\stl\_string.c(658): stlp_std::basic_string<wchar_t=0x081DFB50,stlp_std::char_traits<wchar_t>=0x45D860F4,stlp_std::allocator<wchar_t> >::basic_string<wchar_t=0x0101A248,stlp_std::char_traits<wchar_t>=0x0101A28C,stlp_std::allocator<wchar_t> >

0x0AACCD3C: ?

ApexDC!0x00720030: ?

post-3211-1171808715_thumb.png

So i found it under settings/appearance : %H:%M:%S

Hope this is what you asked for.

So i found it under settings/appearance : %H:%M:%S

Hope this is what you asked for.

How about away message?

Yeppy

Simply remove all filters from ADL Search page (or delete ADLSearch.xml), specially those that use % symbol. (It would be interesting to see buggy filter, so before send your ADLSearch.xml here)

Alright I seriously have to express myself so there goes : What the f*ck ?!

today (20/02/2007) my 11th crash with apex 0.4.0 Now I don't know what I'm doing wrong with this client but 11 crashes is too many.

all i'm doing with this client is connect to hubs, check filelists where i'm op (check filelist command mostly) have a few pms (one feed and other chat from hubs)

I only have 2 uploads plus the 3 filelist ones and I'm using a few user commands from the settings/advanced/user commands.

Now all these crashes seem to occur when i'm switching from a hub tab to another or when I'm sending pms.

Crise my away message is : I'm away. You know what to do. Check out Apexdc++ v0.4 you might even like it :)

So as you can see I'm trying my best to encourage people to use this client but if crashes continue to occur I'm considering changing my client to some other one.

But it's not what I want to do because I like apexdc++. It' the only client that i ever used apart from dc++ 0.674 which is my first client ever.

I uploaded my exceptionlist file so you can see all my crashes along with my ADLsearch.xml. Thanks

exceptioninfo.txt

ADLSearch.rar

Forgive me if I am wrong, but seems that you have copy-pasted your ADLSes from DC++. Make a new ones and try them. I know it hurts, I needed to do the same for DCDM++.

Yeah, Zlobomir's right. If you've experienced many crashes within a short time period, they might be for the same reason. You could try experimenting a bit, changing your behaviour with ApexDC++, like the example Zlo said - turn off ADLS, better to remove it from your client, and see what happens.