Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JalobaRabbi

Arguement with OP

15 posts in this topic

Sorry mate, but that is what you get for arguing with an OP. If you could keep your reasoning factual and polite you would not have been kicked.

It is possible he was labouring under a misconception. If you had refrained from

<JolobaRabbi> sometimes it's 1mbit, evenings it lags. so what?

It is very possible you would still be in the hub.

As an OP he is dealing with hundreds of fakers every day. If you want to single yourself out as different from all these, and somebody he should not kick, you need to work on your attitude.

I was in that hub for over 3 years and never had any problems with them whatsoever. It is true some OPs have attitude problems, but you can get that anywhere. The trick to deal with this is to avoid getting into an argument. Stay calm, factual, polite, and they will not get to you.

This is really funny, because:

1. The OP is usually right, and in the case there is no exception.

2. JalobaRabbi can easily change nick, share, and IP with some hassle. No ISP will refuse an extra $ only for such mumbo-jumbo in some chat or PM.

3. SOME ISPs really do not know what are doing, or are simply nasty. In this regard, am I to set the lowest possible value in my settings, stay only in hubs that bear with me, make peers suicide at the look of my upload speed, while actually having far better speed? Frankly, for this reason I even do not watch what I set in these fields. I have 35 slots open, and nearly 35 hubs all the time, and some of the people downloading from me get ~200K (not k) constant, others get ~5K. No clue why. I believe it is not my fault.

This is really funny, because:

1. The OP is usually right, and in the case there is no exception.

2. JalobaRabbi can easily change nick, share, and IP with some hassle. No ISP will refuse an extra $ only for such mumbo-jumbo in some chat or PM.

3. SOME ISPs really do not know what are doing, or are simply nasty. In this regard, am I to set the lowest possible value in my settings, stay only in hubs that bear with me, make peers suicide at the look of my upload speed, while actually having far better speed? Frankly, for this reason I even do not watch what I set in these fields. I have 35 slots open, and nearly 35 hubs all the time, and some of the people downloading from me get ~200K (not k) constant, others get ~5K. No clue why. I believe it is not my fault.

1. OP is always right if he/she is not arguing with SU or AD :angry:

3. Last time I did see you (nick: [bG]Zlobomir) at one of my hubs...you had 60 slots open...and you was automatically redirected to the bottom of the networks waste-basket :stuart:

1. OP is always right if he/she is not arguing with SU or AD :angry:

3. Last time I did see you (nick: [bG]Zlobomir) at one of my hubs...you had 60 slots open...and you was automatically redirected to the bottom of the networks waste-basket :stuart:

1. Hm, smtms you can find a really sick OP.

2. As long as you do not know the reason I have 60 slots, and do not know I can afford ~10-20Kb/s on each, which imo is completely enough for files in size up to 10MB, I prefer not to be in your network at all and let your poor users searching for another sources. I like to give the best possible access to my data, if it is not fine with you, be it. :wacko:

P. S. [15.2.2007 г. 00:57:38] <

post-65-1171494223_thumb.jpg

What's wrong with having 60 slots open if you can afford to give each enough bandwidth?

What's wrong with having 60 slots open if you can afford to give each enough bandwidth?

This is exactly what I would like to know (except that some hub staff assumes high number of slotss/hubs as a sign you are a malicious bot), but even this is not the case here, and it is like to accept each man with a knife for a killer, although this comparison has worn out... And I can, and sometimes do provide twice the shown speeds. But if smo raises the question so to the OP, hehe, it is arguing with smo, who is always right. :stuart:

Nothing wrong with that, but usually there are bad bandwidth and with 150 hubs and 60 slots open...you don't need a limiter with the bad bandwidth with that kind of settings....it is the best limiter :stuart: 1-10 bytes per second, nice...seen those too many and it is very rare that the bandwidth is ok.

That is the reason why the max slots, max hubs and ratio are restricted...the hub softwares are nowadays so poor that you cannot check automatically and redirect on bases of bandwidth speed. It is a manually thing and the manual checking is very idiotical thing when there are 10 000 users on many hubs...we got a job and live life also.

There are many sick/idiotic op's around...seen many and will see many in the future, but usually there are a basic rule (written or not) that says: "op, su and ad are always right even if he/she is wrong" :angry:

If you ask me, it is a matter of good will. I entered several hubs with equal size and thematics and have encountered a completely different attitude in them. I was allowed to stay in most ones, and these turned to be worth staying in. Regarding bandwidth, even on my screen-shot you can see some very unequal distribution between peers, but not so low that any of them should complain.

But as you mentioned, we have a live life too, so when I download another stuff or play online :angry: the speeds are quite low. I assume this is acceptable for a while, but it may be the moment for manual checking from OP-side... It is really not easy to judge users and imo it should be done carefully, especially when OP risks to harm the interests of all the others in the hub. Still, while being in one, I expect just a little bit of respect, as well as I am respecting the people there, regardless of their status. :stuart:

There are good and bad op's same that there are good and kind people and there are very bad people. I am not in a religion or atheist etc...and I don't categorize people easily. I am not searching for friends or so on. I speak and write very directly, if there is a situation I like or do not like, I write it without of concern of what might happen. I have pasted that life situation already when you kiss everybodys asses...somebody does never pass. You can say me that I am a cold person, but that is not true. I don't wanna talk small talk...let the others do that and now this topic sounds that is going out from the topic...so let finish this topic. No hard feelings, just let's interchange ideas.

and I don't categorize people easily. I am not searching for friends or so on.

3. Last time I did see you (nick: [bG]Zlobomir) at one of my hubs...you had 60 slots open...and you was automatically redirected to the bottom of the networks waste-basket

"redirected to the bottom of the networks waste-basket" <---- You dont have to explain anything more...

"redirected to the bottom of the networks waste-basket" <---- You dont have to explain anything more...

Oh yeah, and this is his attitude to a person he knows and sees by the tag and description that I am an ApexDC++ tester. I am really impressed and deeply touched. ;) However, since "Automatically follow redirects" is unchecked in my client, I wish your hubs and network all the best. :D

i think that hubowner / netowner got full rights to keep what client they want in their net if they dont want apex there i respect that and so should u guys..

Not that it really matters but I think this op went a little overboard the guy wasnt really doing anything wrong it seems to be a misunderstanding then to end it all by saying he was going to try to get him banned in every hub he could was a little over the top. A little patience and listening would have gone a long way but the op took the whole thing personal. On the other hand if an op was askin me for a slot I would be a fool to refuse as a rule I give slots to pretty much anyone who asks, its just good karma.

i think that hubowner / netowner got full rights to keep what client they want in their net if they dont want apex there i respect that and so should u guys..

I did not said anything different, just I would not like to stay in a hub where Apex is not welcome (however this was not the reason, it was just the fact that a tester is supposed to put the client on heavy load, also me trying to serve more people, and it was visible). Name it a happy coincidence. If by some bad luck this hub is THE ONLY PLACE on the internet for a given stuff, there is always another client waiting on my HDD. And in such a situation I will not quarrel or abuse an OP, Owner or anyone, just leave.

And yeah, the whole stuff went too far...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0