Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goralf

Open command when browsing own file list

5 posts in this topic

First of all, thank you very much for the best Christmas present I got last year! :(

It would be nice with an 'Open' command available in the right click menu when browsing through one's own file list. Obviously this command would have to be greyed out (inaccessible) for the right click menu when browsing external user file lists...

Yes, I am too lazy to minimize Apex and open a file from its folder through Windows Explorer... :lol:

I realize it may not be a priority for you, but it shouldnt take too long to achieve, right? What do you think? ;)

Why not a normal right click ? With everything form Explorer including Cut-Copy-Paste-Undo, Properties, Send to Desktop, Scan with anitivirus, Archive, and so on. Mabey even "Open With" or "Rename"...

Or at least an option to "Open Containing Folder..."

I fully agree with the presented ideas. I have seen this in other programs, and it is certainly possible. The context menu should appear in all places where a physically present file is displayed, f.e. finished uploads/downloads, transfer window (for uploads and for downloads when the download is finished) etc. Wouldn't this be quite an unique feature?

wdc likes this

there is an option for showing shell menu in few of those places (finished transfers)

On 9. 2. 2007 at 3:34 PM, Crise said:

there is an option for showing shell menu in few of those places (finished transfers)

Yes and it is useful. But as mentioned by @megacolon, it would be good if the option to open local file would be more wide spread across interface. Example someone is downloading interesting file of mine that i was not aware i have, so i want to open it quickly right from transfer window (by mouse right click -> Open file / Open destination folder). Also "File -> Open own list" would be greatly improved if allows opening files / folders or at least showing paths to the folders/files.

Edited by wdc

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0