Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irish

compatibility

4 posts in this topic

1. Would it be possible to have a facility saying which clients it would not be compatible with.

So if i saw someobody not being able to connect to me, i could see it's because that person is using version 3.06 or whatever.

Actually is it possible to make the client compatible with all clients.

I'd expect not. but thought I'd ask anyhow.

M

1. Would it be possible to have a facility saying which clients it would not be compatible with.

So if i saw someobody not being able to connect to me, i could see it's because that person is using version 3.06 or whatever.

Actually is it possible to make the client compatible with all clients.

I'd expect not. but thought I'd ask anyhow.

M

well one client that has been reported having problems with SDC is rmDC++ (by users, none of these problems have been confirmed by BM though, and you can guess why) but none should use rmDC as it's: old and has bugs and is discontiuned, and it's also breaking GPL licesence.

and also it probably has problems with 0.3xx versions of DC++, but i haven't actually tested this

(but none should use those anymore either)

and making old DC++ versions combatible won't be happening as we are talking old technology here...

well one client that has been reported having problems with SDC is rmDC++ (by users, none of these problems have been confirmed by BM though, and you can guess why) but none should use rmDC as it's: old and has bugs and is discontiuned, and it's also breaking GPL licesence.

and also it probably has problems with 0.3xx versions of DC++, but i haven't actually tested this

I have had much problems with users (AND OP's) who cant connect to older versions of dc++, yes the .3xx versions. And MANY problems including server side. with older versions of rmDC.25 and below mainly. Many times rmDC will load the "OnConnect" scripts but will not load the "OnLogin" scipts that follow behind it. I am having this problem with the new TechGeeks. There is NO resolution. Nor will there be. Only way to solve is:

A>Get rm To make a new Version of RmDC (I contacted him. he said he wanted to but didnt know when he would.

B>UPGRADE YOUR CLIENT

C>Try using Apex!

and making old DC++ versions combatible won't be happening as we are talking old technology here...

Thanks again.

M

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0