Helshad

TLS - How do I know...

10 posts in this topic

that it is actually working?? Is there any indicator or such to see that I am really using encryption ??

Finaly got the cert thingy to work but we couldnt verify that it actually works... Any hints?

find an adcs hub :) (they are probably bit hard to come by though)

you mean a hub wich use certs?? I guess YnHub wont do much good there then... hehehe

But if I have a friend in the same hub using the same apex version and have TLS activated there is no way to see if we actually use it when transfer anything??

In order to find ADC-compliant hubs, use the following hublist:

http://adchublist.com/hublist.xml.bz2

How do I add them do ApexDC++?

Check this guide out:

Adding Hublists

Hope it has helped you...

//Keine

In order to find ADC-compliant hubs, use the following hublist:

http://adchublist.com/hublist.xml.bz2

How do I add them do ApexDC++?

Check this guide out:

Adding Hublists

Hope it has helped you...

//Keine

It probably will... will have to test that later... but if I got this right... To use the TLS encryption you need a hub that is ADC compliant? hmmmm perhaps I got to find one then... hehehe thanx for the info so far... :)

what the hell are you guys talkin about whats wrong with the regular pub hub list whats ADC configured hub lists is that a list of hubs that will accept apex doesnt all hubs accept apex ive never been kicked for it ??

ADC is a "next generation of DC" (well really it's pretty much completely new protocol that has some similarities to the old one, an improved version of it you could say)

But for the time being it's still work in progress :)

I really appriciate the "enligtment" on the subject but it still dosnt explain how I can verify that the transfer I am doing is actually encrypted... :)

ADC is then the next generation of DC client... I suspect that ApexDC++ is one of those? :)

All I really wanna know is how to "see" the encryption going on in realtime... or some sort of indication... thats all...