Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coder

[BUG?][0.4.0]YnHub integrated textcommand not working.

9 posts in this topic

Bug? hmm...

I got some problems with the YnHub !history text command which has come out on YnHub 1.035 version. YnHub 1.035 Changelog http://www.ynhub.org/download/changelog/changelog-1.035.txt : * New integrated command: "+history <x>" to display x latest mainchat messages. Just "+history" will give you the latest 20 (if there are that many).

Max. integer parameter value is 100....!history 100...(both ! and + before the command works) which gives last 100 mainchat lines...also kick or bans are calculated at theese same line amount...very silent hub running on new YnHub can have for example 90 bans and 10 lines chat feed shown. This command result is broadcasted to the one who is typing it.

The problem is in 1.035 version of YnHub and it has continued with 1.036 version when using ApexDC++ client. In Zion++ Blue Client (older and new) the command does show the lines correctly. So my question is: Is the history a reserved word or something can't figure it out what are doing that the lines are not shown. It come's not anything when you excecute the command...not even a empty line or response from the hub and the others won't see that you have typed it (so it's written correctly)...so it must be something in the client....tried that command many times...

YnHub News at http://www.ynhub.org/

=========================

Latest news

2006-11-01:

YnHub 1.036 is not quite out yet, we need to check a few more things.

=========================

I know that both versions of YnHub are not out yet for the public because of a one major bug in 1.035 version...it has been withdraw after many my (and definitely somebody else has also reported) bug reports of the major bug thing. But I won't explain why I got the 1.036 version :stuart:

I think this bug don't need not to be evaluated so fast because the YnHub new version are not coming soon, but this is only a notice when the new public version of the YnHub shall be released.

anything that begins with !, + or other "command chars" is not reserved by the client afaik :stuart:

I tested this on a hub that is running a version of ynhub with +history command (not 1.035 nor 1.036 tho.) and it works there just fine for me on my latest build ;)

Yes the other commands works but not history on this damn buggy YnHub 1.036 :stuart:

anything that begins with !, + or other "command chars" is not reserved by the client afaik ;)

I tested this on a hub that is running a version of ynhub with +history command (not 1.035 nor 1.036 tho.) and it works there just fine for me on my latest build :)

because your version is not 1.035 or 1.036...the +history command acts as own made textcommand...In the theese newer versions you can't see neither modify the +history command in the ynhub settings.

something strange must take a look at the command again when I get from work...

back to Visual Studio.NET 2005 and correct own bugs :stuart:

<<<<

It works fine for me in all YnHub 1.036 hubs on ApexDC 0.4 :stuart:

because your version is not 1.035 or 1.036...the +history command acts as own made textcommand...In the theese newer versions you can't see neither modify the +history command in the ynhub settings.

something strange must take a look at the command again when I get from work...

back to Visual Studio.NET 2005 and correct own bugs ;)

<<<<

no afaik in the hub were i tested it the +history is integrated command:

- Mainchat history [showing 20 lines]: (no lang yet) //Nev

that's how it begins and the version of that hub is also not downloadable from ynhub.org, so doesn't look like hand made command :stuart:

it seams to work randomly :stuart: sometimes it works and sometimes not...maybe it is ynhub bug *kröhöm* Nev would say it is a feature :P

So forget this topic :whistling: and we wait for the official release of YnHub

it seams to work randomly :P sometimes it works and sometimes not...maybe it is ynhub bug *kröhöm* Nev would say it is a feature :D

So forget this topic :whistling: and we wait for the official release of YnHub

Sorry can't forget ot quite yet... had to comment on this :D

I thought it's commonly known that bugs are in fact just features waiting for removal :stuart:

Sorry can't forget ot quite yet... had to comment on this :wacko:

I thought it's commonly known that bugs are in fact just features waiting for removal :stuart:

this "feature" you have removed/fixed...nice...had to change my avatar, which explains little better to the other people about the difference of a bug and feature :angry:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0