Balthazar777

WAVERING Upload Speed! why?

11 posts in this topic

Hello, Dear Forum-readers!

So, my problem is that my upload speed is wavering. :)

I have a 384kbps upload speed, so it means that others can download from me 50-60Kb/s at most...

BUT the speed is slowly decreasing, for example: somebody downloads me about 50kb and then it reaches 2-3 kb-s.

THEN the speed is usually jumps higher again, and falls down later...

What's the problem? Do you have any suggestions, if I have bad connection settings?

I've been using LDC++ since now, and others could download from me at 50-60kbs. no wavering, though..

As I switched to Apex, my upload speed is wavering or what...

I have to write down here, that my friends, who download from me, they use LDC++ in passive mode. Is this the main problem? 'cause I don't think so...

I really look forward for Your suggestions!

Wish You the best!

Balthazar777

The first thing i thought is some sort of problem with your line, but i can't confirm that...

Did you edit any of your connection settings or are you using some external software like NetLimiter or ZoneAlarm (conflicts with apex)?

Try checking if this occurs with active people downloading from you too...

Post more info so i can try to reach a solution for you

Att,

Keine

Post more info so i can try to reach a solution for you

Att,

Keine

Well, I'm using Kerio personal firewall. I've opened the ports, what I needed to be in active mode...

Also, I tried some badwidth speed testing web pages, and they say that I have a 1.7Mbps/400Kbps line... That's correct.

Only Apex DC does this problem, when I'm sending files via MSN my upload speed is OK.

That's all about my connection.

If you need more info, please write here your questions.

Honestly it sounds like your ISP is throttling your connection. Go into your Apex settings, go to advanced, and look for the 2 boxxes that say, "Send garbage to ISP" and check them both. then click ok. close Apex, and reopen. see if it makes a difference, It usually does..

Honestly it sounds like your ISP is throttling your connection. Go into your Apex settings, go to advanced, and look for the 2 boxxes that say, "Send garbage to ISP" and check them both. then click ok. close Apex, and reopen. see if it makes a difference, It usually does..

Okey, I've done that checkbox stuff... it seems that it helped a bit, but its not my fault, that sometimes my friends have wavering uppload speed... (currently 4 to 22 Kbs)

Thanks for your advices guys!

if you have others, please let me know! :)

what about the firewall settings? maybe i've messed up something? :) but i am active, so... i dunno, maybe You! :thumbsup: :)

thanks for every posts and advices, thus far!

Okey, I've done that checkbox stuff... it seems that it helped a bit, but its not my fault, that sometimes my friends have wavering uppload speed... (currently 4 to 22 Kbs)

Thanks for your advices guys!

if you have others, please let me know! :)

what about the firewall settings? maybe i've messed up something? :) but i am active, so... i dunno, maybe You! :thumbsup: :)

thanks for every posts and advices, thus far!

I doubt that it is firewall related to be honest. I can't think of that much much which would cause it, realistically.

the net will create shifting of speeds and your client will do it accordingly. many clients, used to not update as often, so it looked like the speeds were steady. They were not, but Apex tries to update more often, at the expense of the CPU, (not badly, but it states so anyway). So you will notice more of the speed shifts

They were not, but Apex tries to update more often, at the expense of the CPU, (not badly, but it states so anyway)

So, you say that apex is just updates the upload speed's state more often, than the other DC++s? Well then, I have to say, that apex is faster than the other DCs, in many ways...

BUT I've checked that network statistics window... here's a screenshot...

check it out!

the blue one is the upload....

what do you think about that? he is an active user...

post-4014-1168789380_thumb.jpg

i've been having the same problem and i've asked a lot of people in the know about this stuff and as near as anyone can figure its the other end of the connection it's the only logical explaination I've eliminated everything else. anyway bud good luck u r gonna need it !!

i've been having the same problem and i've asked a lot of people in the know about this stuff and as near as anyone can figure its the other end of the connection it's the only logical explaination I've eliminated everything else. anyway bud good luck u r gonna need it !!

Hmm, it seems that i'm not the only one who has this problem... maybe you'll find a solution :thumbsup: , which would help users who has the same upload speed problem...

Now we have to wait for apex 0.5.0.... :) :)

Bye

Hmm, it seems that i'm not the only one who has this problem... maybe you'll find a solution :thumbsup: , which would help users who has the same upload speed problem...

Now we have to wait for apex 0.5.0.... :) :)

Bye

or go back to 0.2.0 before the problems began hint,hint.