Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Georgie

Active mode with Orange Invatel Live Box

10 posts in this topic

I have recently signed up with orange wireless but I am unable to get out of passive mode!!!!

Can anyone please help

I have recently signed up with orange wireless but I am unable to get out of passive mode!!!!

Can anyone please help

To get out of passive mode you would need to know the ISP's routers WAN IP.. I think.. and I don't see how you could get that info. Assumably you've tried using the get IP function in Apex? better yet can you tell us what you have done so I don't repeat anything you've already done (aka give you useless info)

tracert www.google.com ENTER

This will probably show the ISP's router IP, but you will need also a bunch of ports forwarded to your IP.

realistically, I dont think you will be able get into active mode, via MOST wireless ISP's. the only way would probably contact your ISP and ask if they block ports.. most do..

Can you tell me if that is Orange in the UK or somewhere else please?

To get out of passive mode you would need to know the ISP's routers WAN IP.. I think.. and I don't see how you could get that info. Assumably you've tried using the get IP function in Apex? better yet can you tell us what you have done so I don't repeat anything you've already done (aka give you useless info)

Apparently I need to set up a static IP address as Orange use a dynamic address, I have tried this but I then lose all connection to the internet.

Actually we forgot the "Update IP on startup". :) With this option checked, Apex will pick your dynamic IP at each start.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0