Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
repomania

Need help please anyone

11 posts in this topic

I was running out of space on one of my drivers so i moved everything APEXDC over to my bigger drive.The problem i have now is downloaded films will not playback using any of the media players i use., including windows, VDL so on.

If i go into the incomplete files they play using VDL only, now they are completed they dont play its as if parts are missing.How do i correct my cock up :) !

yes, everything is corrupted. You moved everything away, but queue.xml still contained old stored paths, so it continued downloading to old place. You can't do anything now.

yes, everything is corrupted. You moved everything away, but queue.xml still contained old stored paths, so it continued downloading to old place. You can't do anything now.

couldn't they perhaps shut apex down, open the queue.xml (providing the files haven't "finished") edit it still and not loose quite everything? sure they'll have to redownload a lot maybe but might not loose everythign if they have a few still pending?

couldn't they perhaps shut apex down, open the queue.xml (providing the files haven't "finished") edit it still and not loose quite everything? sure they'll have to redownload a lot maybe but might not loose everythign if they have a few still pending?

Yes, IMHO it should work, if done carefully.

Yes, IMHO it should work, if done carefully.

hehe everything must be done carefully :)

Surely Apex would have started re-downloading the files from the beginning and therefore the info in relation to what has been downloaded etc. would then be inaccurate? Heh could "re-check" the files after moving them back/replacing the filenames/paths in the queue.xml but even if you could that would take a long time/CPU if you did it with lots of files...

Hm, if there was some way to "generate again" the info about the state of each file, so the download could continue correctly...

Hm, if there was some way to "generate again" the info about the state of each file, so the download could continue correctly...

Indeed, some way to recheck files... even so could take a long time and a lot of CPU to do it with large filelists...

HA! See! This is why I asked for a Force Re-Check Oh so long ago! Since essentially although completly different... Apex downloads in segments just like Bittorrent. Force Recheck is In my opinoin very much needed. Or even a need for DC to check the file once it is finished with the original TTH.

HA! See! This is why I asked for a Force Re-Check Oh so long ago! Since essentially although completly different... Apex downloads in segments just like Bittorrent. Force Recheck is In my opinoin very much needed. Or even a need for DC to check the file once it is finished with the original TTH.

Yes, I had exactly your problem before, and AFAIR smo (BM?) pointed out that it was my mistake, not DC's one. BUT IMHO programs should be tolerant to users, and allow error correction, which we did not aggred upon then. :)

indeed :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0