Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dagoburd

Stop Mainchat

15 posts in this topic

I use a lot of big hubs so there is a lot of talking in the mainchat, but i don't use it>In audition the users are talking only dump things, and this mainchat is using only ram.I want a function in Apex, which can stop mainchat.I think that most of the suers don;t use that chat, and it only eats cpu soo the function will be helpful :crying:

Yep, there is but if you turn it on it is for every hub wher u are :crying: I'm talking for such function for each hub (for example in fav hub window there can be a button "don't suppress main chat in this hub") :D Sry if i had'nt been clear enough in my first post :)

I use a lot of big hubs so there is a lot of talking in the mainchat, but i don't use it>In audition the users are talking only dump things, and this mainchat is using only ram.I want a function in Apex, which can stop mainchat.I think that most of the suers don;t use that chat, and it only eats cpu soo the function will be helpful :crying:

supressmainchat.jpg

Yep, there is but if you turn it on it is for every hub wher u are :crying: I'm talking for such function for each hub (for example in fav hub window there can be a button "don't suppress main chat in this hub") :D Sry if i had'nt been clear enough in my first post :)

Sorry :) We responded I guess at the same time hehe. But yes that would be nice too I would agree :)

there is option suppress main chat already...

I have small and big hubs open all the time...about 50 hubs. I speak at almost every hub daily...but I am AD, SU or OP mostly at those hubs...so what would I know about normal users problems :blink:

nice feature though...but never will I use it.

Great ideea. Now go do it ! Personaly, I just need to "supress" every other hub but one.

Assumably you'd be able to have three options; default/global settings, enable, and disable... Enable and disable would obviously override the default settings. Ideally you'd just change the Favorites window so there would be a column for which you'd just have a tick box for each hub (and then one at the top with the column titles) to disable the mainchat (or enable... whatever). It'd make enabling/disabling the mainchat a lot quicker/simpler than opening the Favorites Properties for every hub, and it would make more sense having the global settings in the Favorites window too, in my mind at least.

Won't it be easyer to just right click the hub's tab - Hub Commands - Disable Mainchat ?

Won't it be easyer to just right click the hub's tab - Hub Commands - Disable Mainchat ?

No, not for 20+ hubs. :) Why not just go into favs, Ctrl+Lclick or Shift+Lclick (with the "group" sorting we disscussed even better), and hit Space? :)

Just have tickboxes, like we do for auto-connect.

Yes, I forgot to mention... since Space checks selected checkbox(es)

Yes, I forgot to mention... since Space checks selected checkbox(es)

Yeah, the problem is that we would have to have some way to distinguise between whether it checks the autoconnect or stop mainchat....

Yeah, the problem is that we would have to have some way to distinguise between whether it checks the autoconnect or stop mainchat....

Hm, maybe if it is possible to select columns/fields, like in Excel? (I guess I just said a great nonsense...)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0