S Murder

Temp Sharing

41 posts in this topic

I noticed in my Finished Uploads that someone uploaded an incomplete file from me, but I'm not sharing my temp folder. Is there any way to turn this off?

yes, disable segmented downloading

Would that disable multiple source downloads, in addition to not sharing temp files? Is there a way to have multisource downloading for files going in my share but disable it for files not going in my share?

Would that disable multiple source downloads, in addition to not sharing temp files? Is there a way to have multisource downloading for files going in my share but disable it for files not going in my share?

Your temp files are only shared to those that request them. It's a feature called partial file sharing and only way to turn it off is to disable segmented downloads (and yes segmented downloads are same as multiple source downloading)

Don't be a leecher and not share what you download. Limit your upload speed so you can still max out your download.

Don't be a leecher and not share what you download. Limit your upload speed so you can still max out your download.

or eve better just share and don't limit and download a bit on the side of that :crying:

And as a closing, you can not be identified with the help of this feature, the search does not find *.dctmp. It is still possible of course, but if you are afraid of that probability then do not P2P at all. :crying:

SORRY but I cannot agree. I have ApexDC++ 1.0.0B4 and unfortunatelly I "share temp" also when are segments disable. How is it possible? I have a med for this situation! Can you fix it in next beta ore final version?

yes, it will be changed => Partial File Sharing will be OFFICIALLY enabled also when segmented downloading is disabled

OK but I hope that there will be option to disable it. There MUST be possibility of choice!

I will never use client which do something like this without my agreement and I mean that nobody will. So important option is choice of user!

Yes, there will be option to disable it => if you don't download anything, it won't share the downloading stuff.

And it doesn't do anything without your agreement. You decided as free act to use this app for sharing.

Following has been written many times but I'll repeat it: THIS APPLICATION ISN'T FOR DOWNLOADING. IT IS FOR SHARING. EVERYONE HAS RIGHTS TO DOWNLOAD THE SAME THING YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD. AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SHARE THIS STUFF, THEN GO AWAY FROM SHARING WORLD!

I hope that's a really bad JOKE.

Currently I share almost 200 GB so please STOP with bull**** like that!

If it's true I will NEVER use this app, because as I already said IT DO SOMETHING WITHOUT MY AGREEMENT.

SORRY man but you have very danger ideas. Possibility of choice MUST BE or you will fall!

Anybody noticed this has turned into a huge bashing thread..Come on folks!

Moderator's I think we may need to lock this thread.

If it's true I will NEVER use this app, because as I already said IT DO SOMETHING WITHOUT MY AGREEMENT.

SORRY man but you have very danger ideas. Possibility of choice MUST BE or you will fall!

Unfortunately I am sharing over 200GB too, and I fully agree with Tom24. I do not want my freedom of choice under question, regardless that I never choose.

It is of nobody's interest to play nasty. I would not start...

Please keep the topic clean folks. :)

I believe partial file sharing is an excellent feature improving the speed of which a file is seeded to a hub. Whether or not there should be an option to disable partial file sharing altogether was something discussed a while ago. I don't personally see a reason for an option. You can download parts of files off others, and upload parts too. :mellow:

Well I share 1Tb and I like the feature, so does that mean that my oppinion over-rules yours?

But you chose it as free act. And you agreed with this.

Or, have you been forced to download the stuff? Have you been forced to use this client? I guess NO.

Why would ANYONE not want to upload what they are currently downloading? I cannot see one single valid reason for it....

because they share only stupid unuseful stuff, so nobody could download from them

For 90% percent you are probably right. I however pretend to be from the 10%, who take it as a principle issue. Dc has already enough limitations compared with the other P2P apps. Hub owners can decide whose share is useless and how to deal with him. It is not right to take decisions, which should be taken from the user.

Segmented Downloading will not be an issue in adc so why bother with nmdc ppl and as for sharing useless stuff that could be fixed easy with a skiplist

Edited by Toast

DC and its "mods" are OPENSOURCE. If you want the feature disabled, learn C++ and remove it from source. Tom24 ApexDC++ is based on StrongDC++ Big Muscles client. So what goes into it, goes into apex (very few exceptions). Crise feel free to edit this if it is wrong or misunderstanding.

DC and its "mods" are OPENSOURCE. If you want the feature disabled, learn C++ and remove it from source. Tom24 ApexDC++ is based on StrongDC++ Big Muscles client. So what goes into it, goes into apex (very few exceptions). Crise feel free to edit this if it is wrong or misunderstanding.

Someone knowing C++ will remove it from the code of some mod. But this is not the question I believe. Anyway, I will not repeat my opinion more, in order not to bloat the topic, unless it (my opinion) is changed.

Hub owners can decide whose share is useless and how to deal with him.

You are teoretically right. But not practically. In our country, OPs kick nearly everyone who shares any legal useful material and ignore illegal but unuseful stuff.

and I will repear for the last time. It's user's free choice to select this client and it's user's free choice to download the files. So nobody can say that he doesn't agree with activities of this client.

Segmented Downloading will not be an issue in adc so why bother with nmdc ppl and as for sharing useless stuff that could be fixed easy with a skiplist

Probably because 99.99% of our userbase doesn't know what ADC is, or when they are connected to a hub that supports it.