Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
voidwalker

no delay when reconnecting to user

10 posts in this topic

It sometimes happens that I'm trying to get something from a lame user, and he/she keeps disconnecting me for no reason, especially on the local LAN hub, and i have to manually right click on file and choose force attempt;

could you implement a 0 delay for reconnect after it says "disconnected" ?

aslo, can the client detect when the disconnect was because the remote peer clicked "close connection" ?

it's not "hammering" if the user disconnected you, and i don't like being disconnected for no reason at all, so, at least make a keyboard shortcut for "force attempt", much easier than clicking on the menu

This doesn't happen often enough to warrant a shortcut or further improvement in my eyes.

true as the requested "no delay" behavior won't be added... there are entirely different clients that have features such as these (commonly referenced as faker/leecher clients by hub operators... especially when they writing the kick reason for the user using such client)

so why is this a "leech" feature ? the leecher is the person who constantly disconnects his uploads (it's happening at the moment i write these words, arrghhh)

And it would be very irritating for leechers to see their uploads starting immediately after they disconnect them, heh..

how can you be 100% sure that the user really disconnected you and there's no connection problem which would cause the disconnection?

how can you be 100% sure that the user really disconnected you and there's no connection problem which would cause the disconnection?

Then it would not hurt anyone to reconnect immediately...? Or there will be a BW waste?

Um, because I PM'd the user and he said so. He doesn't seem to like the fact that I'm downloading stuff. Mabey it's because of the speed lagging his computer and he doesn't know how to (temporarily) limit his bandwidth ? ;)

Also, check out the title in this topic: http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=1130 :stuart:

Double clicking is fun :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0