Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wenjon

cant enter some hubs since apex 0.3.0

9 posts in this topic

hi,

I cant enter some hubs since apex 0.3.0

We tried to find out what happened and a script maker said this is the prob:

"The problem is that the client is not reporting the correct number of slots according to the dc client protocol. It is a bug in the client not the slot checker which the developers of APex will need to fix.."

Is there anything that needs to be fixed?

thnx

is this verlihub?

Edit: anyways as for the issue afaik open slots are reported correctly in all places, and client tag is always the most certain place to look for that info...

Edit2: can you give me an exsample hub where this is happening?

[01:44:31] *** Connection closed

[01:45:01] *** Connecting to ganjaland.kicks-ass.org...

[01:45:02] *** Connected

[01:45:09] <GanjaMama> This hub is running PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.5.2 (UpTime: 6 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes)

[01:45:11] <GanjaMama>

Notice: [bG]Zlobomir, unregistered users may not dowload files or search in this hub.

Attempting to do either will eventually cause you to be disconnected automatically.

ask for an Operator or VIP to register youand enable transfer and search.

[01:45:11] <GanjaMama>

Rincewind's

Zlobomir, you don't need to ask for a permission all the time, since you can move it and you think it should be moved then move it!

As for the issue: So the script/hub is the faulty not ApexDC++ to get the 100% correct slot count with ApexDC emulation or no emulation all the script needs to do is check for S:x in tag, as it probably does now, but it most likely just doesn't recognize ApexDC's tag so that's why it can't parse it or treats it as "tagless".

Zlobomir, you don't need to ask for a permission all the time, since you can move it and you think it should be moved then move it!

As for the issue: So the script/hub is the faulty not ApexDC++ to get the 100% correct slot count with ApexDC emulation or no emulation all the script needs to do is check for S:x in tag, as it probably does now, but it most likely just doesn't recognize ApexDC's tag so that's why it can't parse it or treats it as "tagless".

I can say I know it's not the hub, as I've been using Apex since 0.2.0 on my own hub which is running the newest Ptokax soft. So that would make me think it's their script that is running.

thnx for your help ;)

Perhaps try talking to the hub ops to see if they can take a look at the script one of them to fix it? as it doesn't take much for them to change teh script to allow for Apex tags, especially since default Ptokax recognizes the tag.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0