Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dagoburd

Translating help

4 posts in this topic

I have started a bulgarian translation of 0.4.0 version and i`m 40 or 50 % done, but when i try to use the semi translated file with apex it didn't work, when i try to open the xml file with Internet Explorer i get

The XML page cannot be displayed 

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Downloads/bg/BG.xml'. Line 4, Positi...

<String Name="AcceptedDisconnects">
and the string is :
<String Name="AcceptedDisconnects">Допустими прекъсвания</String>
Only for a test I removed that string, but i got the same error message for the next string and so on. So where is my problem and what must I do to fix it ? :) P.S. I'm posting the begining of the xml file; I'm using wordpad for the translation.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Language Name="Bulgarian" Author="Dagoburd | dagoburd@gmail.com" Version="0.4.0" Revision="1">

<Strings>

<String Name="AcceptedTimeouts">Допустими Паузи</String>

<String Name="Active">Активен</String>

<String Name="ActiveSearchString">Разрешени / Низ за търсене</String>

<String Name="Add">&Добави</String>

Please do not use wordpad for translating, use Notepad++ instead. This program has syntax highlighting, pretty useful to find errors across the file...

Without having access to the file, it's difficult to tell you what's going wrong. Try to find wrong syntaxes like

String Name="AcceptedDisconnects"> instead of <String Name="AcceptedDisconnects">

and use UTF-8 for character codification. Post here if you didn't understand or anything else is wrong...

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough :)

//Keine

I will gladly help if needed, just let me know, we can check the ready translation together. :)

/ot Welcome to Apex community. /ot

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0