Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RadoX

ApexDC to do the port check?

8 posts in this topic

Is it not possible to get the program to check the port by itself, some kind of echo or ping too see if the ports are open.

Don´t know how it´s done i´m just asking if it isn´t a possibility, that would be a good feature in the program.

Can you keep feature requests in the correct forum Radox. :P

We hope it's possible.

It's not really possible (i think) because, you can't check locally if the ports really are open for remote connections (you might be able to do something thru upnp, but i don't see much point in doing that... yet anyways)

but i don't see much point in doing that...

The point is to see if you are correctly active or not, don´t know if you heard this one before but I guess you have, "Why can´t I search or download, I am set to active and I have opend port on my router"

It´s not good eather to have the p2p connection site down aswell and ppl don´t know that it´s false resoults in it. This is taking time for op´s and is annoying to explain it over and over again.

I don´t think he would give the source code for this site, but it would be better to have two sites like that, I can´t find another that checks TCP and UDP like this.

The point is to see if you are correctly active or not, don´t know if you heard this one before but I guess you have, "Why can´t I search or download, I am set to active and I have opend port on my router"

It´s not good eather to have the p2p connection site down aswell and ppl don´t know that it´s false resoults in it. This is taking time for op´s and is annoying to explain it over and over again.

I don´t think he would give the source code for this site, but it would be better to have two sites like that, I can´t find another that checks TCP and UDP like this.

that bit was referring to finding a way to do it via upnp

simply put up a check port website to check if the variables are correct

sent ip / used ip (check if same)

connect to ports (tcp & udp)

php should work, and the user wouldnt even have to see the site himself

just like a button you can press would do this automaticcly and if it wouldnt work an error would be puked out

else show the success window :)

site doesnt need to be user friendly just throw out like

ip=true

tcp=true

udp=true
user gets "Congratulations, you are now an Active User" so say if the udp port is closed it gives
ip=true

tcp=true

udp=false

and the user gets

"The UDP port could not be contacted"

or something like that :)

edit: p.s. would make some sence to allow mirrors with that script if one goes down, and a limit on how often you can check to stop flooding :)

maybe make it somewhat like that picture :)

post-2863-1168038319_thumb.png

Edited by Aztek

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0