Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mozzilla

Client Compatibility

6 posts in this topic

I have recently starting using DCDM++ special after using DCDM++ for quite a while.

The question I have is simply,

Why is that I can't get anything, including filelists, from anybody who uses any version of ApexDC++

If the two clients are not compatible, why not? And when will they be compatible?

Thanks for any response to this query.

Oh and which of the mirrors work for the new ApexDC++ 0.4.0 ???

1. Can you download from DCDM++ users with other DC++ client?

2. I guess all the mirrors will work, it's just a question of updating, holidays and... alcohol? :) Even the sys admins are people. :P

1. Can you download off the latest DC++ version? DCDM++ is an outdated client.

2. The mirrors are automatically created upon uploading the files to sourceforge. Since it's been 2 days after release, they'll be plenty of them! :P

DCDM is based on DC++ 4.01 and therefor outdated client, I don´t think DCDM special has an updated core so it´s the same. I recomend you use Zion++ Blue insted until the ApexDC op version is availible (hopefully soon).

Thanks for your speedy replies Zlobomir, Lee & RadoX.

I'm currently testing Zion++ 2.02 to see what happens.

I would consider completely changing to the new ApexDC++ but I'm not able to properly transfer my queue from DCDM++ to it.

Once again, thanks for your replies.

Happy new year and best wishes to you all for 2007.

DCDM++ 0.0495svn can download from pretty much any client that I've tried, including the latest DC++ and it's derivative clients. It won't upload to any client looking for full TTH supports (0.696 and up, methinks). Rather, it would, but those clients don't want anything to do with it. Haven't ever bothered with DCDM special, nor do I care to share with an op client. . . so it works for me. Hope that fills in the gaps here.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0