e-mo

Share Partially Downloaded files

12 posts in this topic

Hello All..

this is an Idea I just came across.

is it possible to share files, which you only partially downloaded?! If am not mistaken, BT is working like that rite?! so whenever someone is downloading...everything is is downloaded is immediately shared again, so other users have very fast downloads and quickly can finished the download.

in this case..there might be 2 hashing required

1st: for the completed hashed file, e.g.: sijdhf9wy450ond0v9e4ih0ifn04hsdn0jh0f83y4 --> this would equal 100%

so if someone is downloading from me, and downloaded partially, the hash will run against the complete hash, to ensure it is the exact file:

2nd: hashinformation for the incompletefile: sijdhf9wy450ond0v9e4ih... --> this would equal 50% of completion

this way...if the original source is not online..those guys..who did download an incomplete file...always can resume from the original source.

is it possible?!

it is only an idea to make sharing faster...maybe it is possible. feedback would be nice.

Thank you

Hello All..

this is an Idea I just came across.

is it possible to share files, which you only partially downloaded?! If am not mistaken, BT is working like that rite?! so whenever someone is downloading...everything is is downloaded is immediately shared again, so other users have very fast downloads and quickly can finished the download.

in this case..there might be 2 hashing required

1st: for the completed hashed file, e.g.: sijdhf9wy450ond0v9e4ih0ifn04hsdn0jh0f83y4 --> this would equal 100%

so if someone is downloading from me, and downloaded partially, the hash will run against the complete hash, to ensure it is the exact file:

2nd: hashinformation for the incompletefile: sijdhf9wy450ond0v9e4ih... --> this would equal 50% of completion

this way...if the original source is not online..those guys..who did download an incomplete file...always can resume from the original source.

is it possible?!

it is only an idea to make sharing faster...maybe it is possible. feedback would be nice.

Thank you

partial file sharing is in SDC alredy :)

ps: tth doesn't quite work the way you presented it (half finished file doesn't have half of the complete files hash) but that's not important

partial file sharing is in SDC alredy :)

ps: tth doesn't quite work the way you presented it (half finished file doesn't have half of the complete files hash) but that's not important

Hi..

sorry...I dont know much about coding...but glad to know it is already workling like that.....I just seem not to see that feature somehow...do I have to enable that anywhere?

e-mo

it's already in all strongDc based clients but it seems to work only on big files

also there are currently 4 client's that can do partialing, which are:

- StrongDC++

- LDC++

- PeerWeb DC++

- IceDC++

note didn't list revconnect as it's partialing don't work with SDC's also partial transfers works between the clients listed above only :)

iceDC?

Do you mean iDC,the italian client?

if not also iDC latest release (2.0) has partial dl sharing.......many users have it here in italy and now that i'm using LDC i see iDC is compatible with the other ones you said

I believe SDC's new partial file system in the latest cvs's use the revconnect code Crise. I'll check up on this..

iceDC?

Do you mean iDC,the italian client?

if not also iDC latest release (2.0) has partial dl sharing.......many users have it here in italy and now that i'm using LDC i see iDC is compatible with the other ones you said

no i mean IceDC++ (not the private mod with hmm... questionable features that's also known by this name) but a mod based on PWDC++ made by phrozen...

also is iDC combatible with SDC's or revconnects partialing, as these 2 have huge differences?

I believe SDC's new partial file system in the latest cvs's use the revconnect code Crise. I'll check up on this..

BM based his work on revconnects code, but as partialing over revconnect is done via kad BM couldn't have just taken the code to SDC as SDC doesn't support kad, and i sure hope it never will

BM based his work on revconnects code, but as partialing over revconnect is done via kad BM couldn't have just taken the code to SDC as SDC doesn't support kad, and i sure hope it never will

True, he just confirmed this.

- StrongDC++

- LDC++

- PeerWeb DC++

- IceDC++

note didn't list revconnect as it's partialing don't work with SDC's also partial transfers works between the clients listed above only :)

I see....thank for the information! :)

I only tried StrongDC so far, didnt try the other clients. I am sharing chinese series on a privat hub, and if Lee is also asian (cantonese spoken) he is welcome to join :)

Since those series might contain many many episodes..it will take forever to download from one sigle source..who's connection is not the best (my connection! :S ) therefore partitial sharing would help me and the others a lot to complete everything quicker :)

e-mo

I only tried StrongDC so far, didnt try the other clients. I am sharing chinese series on a privat hub, and if Lee is also asian (cantonese spoken) he is welcome to join :)

Since those series might contain many many episodes..it will take forever to download from one sigle source..who's connection is not the best (my connection! :S ) therefore partitial sharing would help me and the others a lot to complete everything quicker :)

e-mo

When ApexDC++ is out, promote it to your friends then. :) I'm English, sorry..

- StrongDC++

- LDC++

- PeerWeb DC++

- IceDC++

I would add Zion++ client's (especially Zionn++ blue). Although project's dead now, I hope someone will continue idea of Zion++ Blue - that is taking some good SDC as a base and add OP feautures from iDC or DCDM (and alike) clients.