Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ðigital

Features for Hub Owners

21 posts in this topic

Hello everybody! This client really makes our eyes glued to the screen, nice icons, nice colors (now in 0.4.0), many good functions etc.

:) But i think it could be better by implementing some of these stuff:

- OP options/commands like DCDM SV.

Example: comparing both clients (Apex & DCDM) Check the properties of the fav hubs. These options are very usefull.

- Add a (Working) "automatically get IP" (in x to x time) & (When starting ApexDC)

:) PS- Another thing is that sometimes there are conficts of client versions. Usually between Apex Users, or other clients (like strongDC, DC++, and DCDM), well im not completely shure if its a problem of ApexDC. But the idea is helping this project go out and reduce the crappy clients there are out there. I see a goo future in this one.

Keep the good Work.

Well, here are some options i would like to see:

(Fav. Hubs Properties)

- Check Fake Share

- Check Clients

- Check File Lists

- Send User IP to All Users

- Hide Share

- Kick Proxy Connections

- Use Autosearch for this Hub

(Connection Settings)

- Automatically Get IP in x to x minutes

- Automatically Get IP on Startup

- Automatically Update IP on x minutes

(Other)

- The RadoX idea of the Male or Female Kind*

It's sad to see that no one cares about these features...

I would do it my self if i could / know how.

Think about it.

Also i found a bug in the ApexDC (since the first released version) that still was not solved.. if anyone cares... ask me.

that bug i can fix with other DC client "lines", so its no problem to me, but to you ppl.

It's sad to see that no one cares about these features...

I would do it my self if i could / know how.

Think about it.

Also i found a bug in the ApexDC (since the first released version) that still was not solved.. if anyone cares... ask me.

that bug i can fix with other DC client "lines", so its no problem to me, but to you ppl.

It's not that we don't care... maybe there just is nothing to say regarding these reqs, but they are still being considered.

As for the bug, what bug are you talking about?

Well, here are some options i would like to see:

(Fav. Hubs Properties)

- Check Fake Share

- Check Clients

- Check File Lists

- Send User IP to All Users

- Hide Share

- Kick Proxy Connections

- Use Autosearch for this Hub

(Connection Settings)

- Automatically Get IP in x to x minutes

- Automatically Update IP on x minutes

(Other)

- The RadoX idea of the Male or Female Kind*

Almost all those features requests you mentioned above are present in ApexDC++ 0.4.0.

Being exact:

- Check Fake Share

- Check Clients

- Check File Lists

- Hide Share

- Add a (Working) "automatically get IP" (When starting ApexDC)

Regarding the others mentioned, they seem to be pretty useful though, but this ins not the ApexDC++ OP version yet :)

Kicking Proxy (Socks5) connections is a good feature that surely SkyNet (ApexDC++ OP version dev) will include in op client.

//Keine

Keine, these features should be in the properties of a fav hub... Since im not op in all Hubs: :unsure:

- Check Fake Share

- Check Clients

- Check File Lists

- Hide Share

These options

- Update IP in X / X time (is very usefull for those who have constant internet / ISP disconnects)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crise, the little bug is in the theme colors, i use a blue background theme (that i customized myself from my old StrongDC), but if i customize with the apex, i cant change some text (that appears also with the background color).

Example: When typing something to main chat, i can't see what i am typing.

I've tryed a few times, (to make sure theres nothing escaping from my sight), and seems the Apex doesnt configure it.

( ;):) :stuart: i hope an Apex OP Well made Version comes up, i think it's time to come a pretty & usefull client for OP's)

Thanx for repplying, and i'm sorry if i was impatient. It seemed that no one cared :)

Keine, these features should be in the properties of a fav hub... Since im not op in all Hubs: :unsure:

- Check Fake Share

- Check Clients

- Check File Lists

- Hide Share

They are configurable on fav hubs afaik :)

Crise, the little bug is in the theme colors, i use a blue background theme (that i customized myself from my old StrongDC), but if i customize with the apex, i cant change some text (that appears also with the background color).

I've tryed a few times, (to make sure theres nothing escaping from my sight), and seems the Apex doesnt configure it.

( ;):) :stuart: i hope an Apex OP Well made Version comes up, i think it's time to come a pretty & usefull client for OP's)

Thanx for repplying, and i'm sorry if i was impatient. It seemed that no one cared :)

If you can trace the exact problematic property or properties that would help a lot, as there are lot of style related options and for some reason i don't feel like going through them all :D (as i have never seen what you have described as far as i can remember)

Since I am also using a dark black theme, I allow myself to do a lucky (screen) shot at the problem.

My theme is also enclosed, in case smo likes it. :unsure:

post-65-1167435656_thumb.jpg

Black.dctheme

The only problem i could find with the theme file you attached, was with coloring of hyperlinks (used black as a color for them, so thus invisible)

But afaik colorization of the hyperlinks is bit problematic in XP, when it comes to using styles from settings, with Vista this however should work fine...

The only problem i could find with the theme file you attached, was with coloring of hyperlinks (used black as a color for them, so thus invisible)

But afaik colorization of the hyperlinks is bit problematic in XP, when it comes to using styles from settings, with Vista this however should work fine...

The actual problem is that you can hardly see what you are copy-pasting. If you can only make the copy marker customizable... not dark blue, but white will be great in my case.

Edit: URLs fixed to white background. IMHO it's not important, since you just roughly check what you are opening, and in the other case, you are careful with typing...

/sc integrated client command would be useful to start client checking. Would save having to edit hub properties, close hub and re-join in order to get checking started. :)

/sc integrated client command would be useful to start client checking. Would save having to edit hub properties, close hub and re-join in order to get checking started. :)

/cc - Check Client

/cs - Check Share

?

The problem in adding such main chat triggers/switches is that in Apex you don't check in fav. hub properties to enable checking, but instead the check box is for excluding hub from checking... (i saw it as easier to check that option in 4 hubs, rather that checking the proposed opposite option in 10 hubs f.ex.)

Of course this requires the option in fake detector page to be checked to have any effect, since it's an exclusion...

So it needs to be Exclude in OP version and Include in User ver., if present in User ver. at all?

So it needs to be Exclude in OP version and Include in User ver., if present in User ver. at all?

Why would it need to be like that?

Why would it need to be like that?

Just assuming that the OPs would like to check all hubs by default and exclude only several ones, whiile the users - vice-versa.

Just assuming that the OPs would like to check all hubs by default and exclude only several ones, whiile the users - vice-versa.

Well maybe but i'm just too lazy to change that :) so you have to live with this :) (as users don't necessarily need to enable the option in fake detector page in the first place)

Um, this resembles pretty much planned economics / communism. Some people live with it, but for reference, it failed. :)

If you are just lazy, I can walk in your shoes better. :)

/cc

[22:07:14] *** Unknown command: cc

/cs

[22:07:21] *** Unknown command: cs

[22:09:18] *** HELP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/refresh (refersh share)

/savequeue (save Download Queue)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/search <string> (do a search...)

/g <searchstring> (search Google)

/imdb <imdbquery> (search film from IMDB database)

/whois [iP] (do whois query for IP)

/slots # (upload slots)

/extraslots # (extra slots for small files)

/smallfilesize # (max small file size)

/ts (timestamps on/off)

/connection (show IP and port where connected)

/showjoins (enable/disable showing joins & parts in mainchat)

/shutdown (activate shutdown sequence)

/apexdc++ (print ApexDC++ version to chat)

/away <msg> (enable/disable away mode)

/winamp (Winamp spam to chat)

/w (Winamp spam to chat)

/clear,/c (clear chat)

/ignorelist (show ignorelist in chat)

For more help please head to ApexDC++ Forums (Help -> Forums)

Yes the commands are not there... and at least for now they won't be included either (has just finished including all our present features to clean StrongDC base... so not really feeling like doing anything right now)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0