Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 0.4.0 (Preview 4)

22 posts in this topic

Early this morning we received an email from a fella called Father Christmas (aka Santa) with an attachment. Inside was a vast amount of well organised code for our open source project, which allowed us to progress so far on Christmas eve.

However, there was a catch - Santa told us we had to release this helpful present on Christmas day otherwise it would magically dissappear. While Crise, Nas, Greg and I were puzzled with amazement, we decided to release it under the name 0.4.0. Santa's Elves must have been busy, because there's a large amount of fixes and features available to you all. Go download 0.4.0 (Preview 4) now and have a Merry Christmas!

If you'd like to support ApexDC++ to help costs, or to have access to development builds towards our next public release, log in and look at this page. :)

Will install it soon and see what santa prepared for us today :)

Cheers

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU

xxx Beertje

o yes i will try the new right away :)

Thank you very much, but I was suspicious about this and expected something similar. :) :)

Merry Christmas you filthy animals and a happy New Year.:D Article's been dugg, lucky number 13.:)

lucky13xe4.th.png

.. had some problems with the download; many mirrors wouldn't work (file not found)!

Wonderful job guys! :) Just in time for Christmas! ( Merry Christmas to us all!) :) Thanks to you all for all of your hard work!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

Pooks :stuart:

Nice!!! Thanks, but I still do not see Download Limiter for the separate man which downloading from me, or I download from others not switching off general(common) limiter, I wrote it in the offers:) Sorry for offtopic! :)

p.s.

Merry Christmas

10x... Is it blocking uploads to oDC users yet ?

No it isn't... and it won't be doing that before (Strong)DC++ does that (which is very unlikely to ever happen)

Right... So if I was to install 0.4.0 over 0.3.0 i would keep my settings ? Including the download queue and favorite hubs/users ?

What about the GeoIP database ?

Right... So if I was to install 0.4.0 over 0.3.0 i would keep my settings ? Including the download queue and favorite hubs/users ?

What about the GeoIP database ?

Yes, all is saved.

People have reported that their email validation hasn't been arriving, and their lost password request... they are now fixed. :)

I used the new 0.4.0 yesterday the hole christmas day and i'm really satisfied about it. It was really a nice gift from Santa. Today i'm going to test more but dont expect strange things. Well done guys.

xxx Beertje

Hello All & Marry Christmas!

Apex v0.4.0 it's working fine on my PC :) , but I have a question : Why it's missing this option "Group search result by TTH", actually this option is default, but I dont like this option 'cause when I try to sort by user in Search Result I can't - pls integrate this option again.

10x.

Good luck to all team of Apex!

UsersFrame.cpp , line 284:

columns[COLUMN_SUPERUSER] = u.isSet(FavoriteUser::FLAG_SUPERUSER)? _T("yes") : _T("no");

change to:

columns[COLUMN_SUPERUSER] = u.isSet(FavoriteUser::FLAG_SUPERUSER)? CTSTRING(YES) : CTSTRING(NO);

EDIT: Also line 329!

Let's keep ApexDC++ as close to 100% translatable as possible.

Overall : Great work with ApexDC++ 0.4.0 !!! Super present for all users :P

Merry Christmas to all, I wish you better 2007th than any before and thank you Apex Team for the new release! Be realistic, Santa don't exist :P, sorry if I disappointed someone :crying:

Just some statistics from one local hub (cca. 1500 users) I'm on: When I luckily started to be involved in Apex, there was 3 users (with myself) with Apex tag, and now I counted 155, so this is cca. 50 times more! I think it will continue like this, and by some v1.0.0 who knows :) ...

BR,

Who's this "Grogs" you mention? :P

Nobody important.

(Fixed it)

SourceForge just recorded over 200,000 downloads! :blink: