Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
datadyne

vBulletin Revokes License for moral reasons...

5 posts in this topic

http://www.digg.com/software/PirateReports...r_moral_reasons

So basically vBulletin has decided they don't like loli, I don't either... but the fact is they're not breaking any laws. They paid for their license and because someone doesn't like what they decided to do with their board they revoked their license. It's not in their liscence agreement at all. That's pretty sad to me. I mean just think if this was a vBulletin site it could get shut down because they don't like what you guys are making. In fact vbulletin said the DC network is based on outdated protocals and Crise and Lee smell. :)

Oh and merry christmas... This snow is killin my PC. :P

Oh, btw being software developers yourselves what's your guys take on this? Obviously not everone is using Apex in a way you would approve of... so what do you think?

http://www.digg.com/software/PirateReports...r_moral_reasons

So basically vBulletin has decided they don't like loli, I don't either... but the fact is they're not breaking any laws. They paid for their license and because someone doesn't like what they decided to do with their board they revoked their license. It's not in their liscence agreement at all. That's pretty sad to me. I mean just think if this was a vBulletin site it could get shut down because they don't like what you guys are making.

Bah, don't even know what site that is, but it still seems bit odd considering that they were paying customers...

In fact vbulletin said the DC network is based on outdated protocals and Crise and Lee smell. :)

DC network protocol might be outdated, can't deny that.... but i most certainly don't smell :)

Oh and merry christmas... This snow is killin my PC. :P

Oh, btw being software developers yourselves what's your guys take on this? Obviously not everone is using Apex in a way you would approve of... so what do you think?

The snow performs quite well on my PC (much better than the previous version anyways).

As for the last question, P2P clients and even networks are like a knifes, some people use them to cut bread and some to kill people... personally though if people choose to use ApexDC for things that are not approved by the laws of their country, it's their own choice... and we can't be held responsible for it.

And if you go to technicalities after people install ApexDC they're on their own as GPL free's us from any warranties etc.

The snow performs quite well on my PC (much better than the previous version anyways).

It's not that bad when it's not on my screen... It feels like I'm watching a video encoded in h.264 though while I'm typing... >.<

It's festive so I'm all for it.

Also, I apprecaite your response. I think I ran here to spread the news cause I felt like perhaps this forum runs on the same lines although not nearly as sinful. Imagine IPB pulling the plug on your license because they don't like what you make and distribute... I believe someone put it best when they said, Chevy doesn't repo your car when you drunk drive. That's up to the police and law enforcement.

In fact vbulletin said the DC network is based on outdated protocals and Crise and Lee smell.

I certainly do smell. :P

I highly doubt IPB will revoke a license because its a foundation for an open source project.

I would have to agree on the Lee smelling bit. I can smell him from all the way in the US. ;)

If IPB pulls it (which I doubt they would), there's always alternatives anyway.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0